Gardens?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by W. C. Quantrill, Jul 17, 2012.

1. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Peppers are setting on, Tomatos are next, and Canteloupe next week.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Those are some great produce Obama has there. Congrats

3. W. C. Quantrill

Ha. Better not catch him in my garden either.................

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

DAMN ... are those scallions? :eek: My dad would go nuts for a scallion that size. One fo his favorite things in life was to grab some wild scallions as a snack while wondering through the woods :)

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

<rant on> yeah, Quantrill didn't build that garden ... he didn't tend that garden ... those aren't his accomplishments ... all that effort, all that sucess ... someone else did that :rolleyes:

what a god damned azz hat Obama is <rant over>

sorry for the hijack ... but congrats on the produce, looks like it would make a mighty fine dinner :)

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I've been waiting all day for that. Lmfao

7. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Those do look amazing don't they? I would love to have a garden but wouldn't even know where to begin.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

well for starters, you put the seeds in the ground ... :p

Seriously, I wish I had the time and some space to garden as well. Would love to come home and graba few veggies ti mix up and grill in the evenings :)

9. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I have a spot in the yard where I could put one but don't know when to plant the seeds, do they all go in at the same time, etc. I just want the basics.....carrots, onions, cucumbers, etc. I will eventually give it a go. I have to kill the damn rabbits that have taken up residence in our yard first.

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Loads and loads of info on the net, plus some of the folks here are practically Farmer's Almanacs themselves (yes, c3 is that old :p )<sorry boss, couldn't resist>

but here is a start on google for you - http://www.bing.com/search?setmkt=en-US&q=gardening+basics as for the rabbits, that's easy .... .22 caliber to the head = rabbit stew ... goes great with taters ;)

11. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Thanks. I will check it out. I think I'll research through the winter and try next summer.

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You'll have great success. You can't go wrong with zucchini, carrots, radishes, lettuce and tomatoes.

13. W. C. Quantrill

As you can see, I tore up a corner of the yard there. Actually did it 2 years ago. I attempted to put garden in there last year and the dipchit that farms the field around my house kept spraying 24D and killing it, I'd just get it up and here the d ickhead would come with the sprayer and kill it. I replanted twice and I met him at the road with my Garand the next time and told him if he even thought about spraying around my house I'd blow that freaking sprayer so full of holes it would never be used again. He left.

I gave him notice early this spring that if anything happened to my garden that he or his insurance would pay through the nose for it. So far he has not sprayed this field.

Yeah, that was a good one, if it wasnt for ol Ahab the Arab in the Whitehouse, we wouldnt have any thing here for garden, it sure broke me into a sweat, crackin the whip over him, keepin him working.

14. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I didn't even think about lettuce. Nice! My Mom and Granny always kept little gardens but it's been so long I don't remember much.

15. W. C. Quantrill

Get ahold of me Zgirl next spring, I'll help you make a garden plan. I'm credible that way.

16. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I know which spot in the yard I could use but it's full Sun there. Don't know if that's a problem,

17. W. C. Quantrill

Look at my patch,,,its full sun.

18. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I'm gonna take you up on that. What month are we talking?

19. W. C. Quantrill

PM sent start prepping March.

20. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Nothing better than veggies fresh out of the garden!!!:)