Garage sale deals?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Gizord1, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

You hear all the time of peeps scorin carbines, old revolvers, LAW tubes, etc. at garage/yard sales. What's y'all's best deals?

2. cottontop

cottontop Guest

A few years ago I found (and bought) a Mec shotgun reloading press in 28 gauge for $15. It works great and I still use it. Those kind of quality tools never wear out. Haven't seen any deals recently.
    ct

3. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

The only gun related deals I ever got, was a dummy 20mm shell and a bottle of airsoft paintballs (kinda rare now)

4. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

Young neighbor showed up with 4 or so sets of mostly rifle dies in good shape that were for cartridges I reload, bullets and brass for 38 special, powder for it. He'd paid $10 for it in a garage sale. In exchange for it, I made a simple repair to a broken stock on his 30-30 and gave him $10.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I picked up a Ruger 10-22 for $75. It had been reassembled wrong. Took it apart and reassembled correctly and it was fine. I picked up about $400 worth of reloading stuff for $40. I have not been going to garage sales lately. Been too busy.

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

My friend called me at work one day to tell me he had seen some reloading stuff that he didnt want. He said the box had lots of stuff in it. I said if he could get it for $30 I would buy it. He paid $40. I was bummed until I saw it. For $40 bucks I got an RCBS lub-a-matic II, over a dozen dies for it, and about 30 top punches. There were also 2 RCBS bullet molds with handles. And a 44 mag hollow point devistator mold. There was so much 44 mag reloading stuff in the box that I decided to go buy a S&W 629 so I could shoot it.

7. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Stevens pump shotgun in good condidtion, $50.00. Been looking for another deal like that ever since.

8. longunner

longunner New Member

Man I wish I could find gun stuff at garage sales. Whenever I see one I pop in just to see if they have anything good, gun related or not, but half the time the stuff is crap lol.

9. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I never find garage sale deals, so I quit stopping, always old books and baby clothes and crap like that, or old junk fishing rods. I went to tons of sales when I was a kid with my parents and grandparents, never saw any good gun deals even then though I live in a rural, small town atmosphere where those sorts of deals are gone right away or stuff is sold to a friend or whatever before the sale starts most the time. Probably easier in bigger areas to find that stuff.

10. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I've had a few friends score some really nice rifles in the $100 range. Never anything spectacular though.

11. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Come to think about it, the rusty SMLE No. 4 on my wall was bought for $20 at a yard sale, then given to me. It went under during Katrina, so it's just a wall hanger.