Gang activity

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dragunovsks, Mar 19, 2009.

1. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Alright check this out, earlier today my wife gets a text message from a friend of hers not to go into Wal-Mart tonight. It goes onto say that there is a rumor going around about a gang initiation that targets women and children in Wal-Mart and in some places Target stores. I looked it up on the local news channel's website (WHAS 11). It says basically the same thing the text says and that it first surfaced in Memphis Tenn. in 2005.

More recent rumors about this activity resurfaced in several American cities and has even caught the attention of LE personnel. I clicked on a link provided by WHAS11.com and was taken to Snopes.com. I know, I know Snopes.com. I pretty much dismissed it as a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory because it of the source. But after reading a little and discovering that it has LE in some cities concerned, I read on.

Of course, about an hour before I typed this I was in Wal-Mart with my wife getting a few things we forgot to get the other day when we got groceries. And wouldn't you know, I was prepared with my 1911 and 3 loaded mags.

Here is the link to Snopes.com, I just want everyone to be informed of the situation.

snopes.com: Gang Targets Women at Wal-Mart

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Better to be safe than sorry.

3. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

There is a Wal-Mart cashier that works at my local Wally world who also works in the office at the limestone quarry where I work. She pays the bills for the company I think. I warned her about it and she said her daughter got the message and called her on her lunch break to warn her. She asked me "Aren't you worried about it?"

I said, "Na, the message said they were targeting women. Plus, I have my little friend here!" I turned to the side, pulled up the my shirt slightly exposing my .45.

She laughed and said, "Can't hurt to be prepared!":D

4. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Here in Cali, my ex wife, daughter and fiance's daughter all got that message on their phones.

5. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Just left work, had to stop there to pick up groceries after work, and all the women here got the same message. Claimed it was an initiation thing.

Went with the XD though.:D

6. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

drugunovsks posted:
    Be careful where you flash your piece bro.......could get you in trouble.

Do you have something for your wife to carry for when you are not around? Sounds like serious stuff. Nothing like that is happening here. There are some gangs that are trying to get started here, but they have a hard time dealing with the 90% armed population of this town...lol.

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

My wife got it on her facebook page this morning.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

That's odd; a friend of my sister's (worker at a local bank) forwarded the message to her with info indicating our local area was specifically targeted.

I told her it seemed like BS, but it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more careful.

9. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I wouldn't have flashed my peice except I know the lady I flashed it to. She works in the office at my company and knows that I am armed everyday. She also knows both my parents and has known me since I was little. There was no one else around on that end of the store so I knew I would be alright.

10. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

I got that stupid text here in Idaho too. Funny about it is I got the email form of it about 2 years ago.

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

About 5 years ago at a Wal-Mart in a Cleveland 'Burb, a woman retruned to her car to place her purchases in the trunk of her car. While doing so, she felt something wet on her toes (she was wearing sandals). She looked down to find a perv licking her toes. She said, "What the hell?" The guy rolled out and ran away. She stated that she was in the store for over an hour.

That's some sick crap right there. :eek:

12. user4

user4 New Member

We should start our own nationwide "gang" here with FT folks. We'll get a tat that shows our affiliation so we can recognize members from other areas. Since we need funding, we'll organize hits against drug dealers and other gangs to finance our crew. For ever bad thing a gang is known for, we'll be known for doing good in the communities where we live.

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I'm in - I am taking one the spots as "Hitter" though - you guys aren't sticking me at the top of the food chain again like you did with the End of the World planning. :D

Sign me up Ineff, I am double primed, live and good to go....

JD

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I'm in as well. We have to be smart about it, though. We can't just target the inner cities. We have to get the first ring of 'burb's trailer parks, as well. We have a vast enrollment here, from age, background and geography, we could take it all by storm. No 'jumping in' though. That's just stupid. No fraternity type hazing either. I am Phi-Sig and Damn Proud!

15. user4

user4 New Member

Good man. We all need to be hitters, though. There's just too much evil in the country and nary enough ammo. First order of business is to get our colors and insignia. Who are the artists? We need a quality tat that evokes fear into those dumb mother effers that might contend with us.

Each state is its own division. Large cities will be chapter cities. A member's prime focus will be that of his chapter city for the greater good of the division. In order to avoid club politics, there won't be a national head, however chapters (or divisions), at their discretion can ride to the aid of another division upon request from that division. Otherwise chapters stay within their own division to do business.

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I like it, but we need logistics and planners too. We can't all be hitters and we aren't all qualified for the job. We need intel, we need infil and exfil routes, plus we need planning for diversions, we need financial excellence to be able to move money around without arousing suspicisions... this is big... I need soda... and a steak to mull this over with.... :rolleyes:

17. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

well not to burden anyone but, if you see a car driving at night with their brights on dont flash'em cuz that too is an initiation for gangs too:cool: its just urban legends all i heard about that on wed that it was supposed to happen wed night, so dont beleive everything you read

18. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

if we do this, then we need to posse up and set up the "kingpins" for each state:D and i call it for ohio. and we'll have to think of cool insignia and a motto. sooo, what should we be called?

19. Bill of Ojai

Bill of Ojai New Member

This has been proven to be a sick hoax. Same with the flash the headlight thing.

20. user4

user4 New Member

Agreed. We need all those things. But everyone also has to be committed to American principles. We also need people to wear silly hats and ride around on go carts during the big national parades. We need LEO, politicians, military (active). We need resources. Financially, we should be self sustaining by targeting criminal groups. This takes guns and drugs off the streets and keeps us fully funded.

All of this is just off the top of my head. I could come up with way more detail if I gave it a serious thought.