Gander Mtn / Ruger

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by readygirl, Dec 16, 2012.

1. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Anybody know why they dont sell Ruger semi-auto pistols, they wont even take them in on trade. But they do carry the rest of the Ruger line, revolvers / rifles / etc.

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

The Gander in northwest Indiana carries semi autos. That is where I almost bought my SR1911.

3. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I was at the one in Dayton,Oh, maybe its just a local thing....

4. Jtelli71

Jtelli71 New Member

Gander mountain here in IL is the last place I would buy a gun. Totally inflated prices.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

maybe the manager just does not like them. I am not a big fan of their Semi-auto pistols, but I would not refuse to carry them if I could make a profit on them

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

bought our ruger sr22 at Gander. and ive looked at the mk3's alot. alos had the sr9 and 9c and 40, and p345

7. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

They just expanded their gun selection in Huber Heights(Dayton). They have almost every gun imaginable.

8. mountainskytop

mountainskytop New Member

Gander Mtn near me recently triple sized their firearms dept and have over 500 handguns alone on display!

9. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

mountainskytop, which gander is that? Bowling Green? I've been meaning to stop by there since I now live somewhat close by...

10. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I'm not a big fan of Gander Mountain. However, they have the Gander Mountain Acadamy stores springing up. Firearms oriented with CCW classes and Handgun Firing Ranges. A good concept...I may change my thinking about them.

11. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Ain't that the truth. They wanted near $300 more for a S&W 500 than my LGS. They people seem nice enough, but not THAT nice.

12. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

The Gander in Peoria, IL carries Ruger semis. I agree on the over-priced statement. I bought a Henry H001T their once.

13. mountainskytop

mountainskytop New Member

It's the Gander Mtn store in Roanoke store that just super sized their gun dept to well over 500 handguns in display not to mention their shotties and rifles plus optics etc!