Gander Mountain

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Daoust_Nat, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Here is sunny Central Florida Gander Mountain has come out with an add letting us know they have millions of rounds of ammo. They are adverstising 350 rounds of 9 mm for $120, which is a little over $17 for 50. Higher then Wal Mart, but not what Gander was asking a couple of months ago.

2. fupuk

fupuk New Member

The gander mountain by me has a crap load of blazer brass 9mm. I went there Wednesday and there was probally 200 boxes of them out on the floor. It was 350 round boxes for like $120.

3. Palms

Palms Member

Bought 2 50 round 9mm boxes for 16 ea and 1 325 round .22 for 18 at the Gander in Palm Beach. Had enough for everyone there.

4. austin92

austin92 New Member

Last week I saw them selling wwb .45acp for 70 cents a round. Called them out on it and they acted like I shot their dog and got all defensive. They told me they're the only ones with ammo and I couldn't find it anywhere else so they can sell it at that price. Funny thing is I did, the night before for 32 cents a round, exact same ammo. Informed them of that and left. They price gouge everything even when there's no crisis. 50-60$ for a serpa holster? No thanks....

5. bigjim

bigjim New Member

I have found that unless you rub the price in their face from another retailer in the area like Walmart or such, and ask them why they are not doing a price match. They just look at you like they do not know what you are talking about.

Fudge them, Gander can keep their over priced cr_p.

Jim

6. kingrider

kingrider New Member

Of all the places around here that sell gun and ammo, Gander is the hands down most expensive!

7. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I have occassionally bought CCI Mini-Mags at GM before the crisis. That was about all they were competitive on. Their reloading supplies are also overpriced.

8. Dave103176

Dave103176 New Member

The gander in winchester va blows , not only are the people working there useless not to mention how unfriendly they are , there prices are WAY. higher than any one else around here , the so called gun smiths working there wouldnt know a gun barrel from a stick , i wouldnt recommend them to any one

9. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

It's unfortunate how this company has gone to hell. We had a cabelas open today in Wisconsin and the pictures I saw of the crowds are astounding! Much better store, better reputation and better service...they blow gander out of the water!

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Gander opened store 1/4 mile from a 60 yr old LGS (North of Richmond VA). 3 years later, having announced their intention of running the LGS out of business, GM is closed. The LGS picked up the lease on GMs new building, and moved over there.

:D

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  11. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT when the little guys win!!! Our 'new' local Gander is everything everybody else has stated here and MORE... Bass Pro just announced plans to build and open in the next year to year 1/2... But I will still support my local Ma & Pa first. I just wish they would carry camping/hiking gear.

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I bought my Marlin Xt 22MR from Gander mountain. I tried for months to buy a Marlin or a Savage 22 wmr bolt action rifle. The LGS in the area tried to charge $280 for the marlin xt. Finally I saw it at Gander Mountain for $199. Marlin lists the MSRP at $230 for the XT 22MR. The LGS claimed they couldn't get the Marlin for $230. Unless it's a used gun that the LGS really wants to move I buy my guns online.

Another thing that really gets my goat about the LGS in this area is they order through Davidsons. Davidsons offers a lifetime warranty on all their guns. You are supposed to be able to bring the gun back to the place of purchase and they will handle any warranty issues. The LGS doesn't mind hanging up posters from Davidsons. But if you have problems with your Davidsons purchase you are on your own. The LGS doesn't get involved with warranty issues regardless of the promise they made.

13. fupuk

fupuk New Member

The Gander Mountain around me is actually pretty good with prices with firearms and the ammo prices are not to bad either.

14. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

Our only Gander Mountain down this way is 130 miles from home. I went over and took a "gander" after calling (night before) and asking about a specific gun on sale. Told me they had a "bunch". Got there next day when they opened. They didn't have what I asked about, only a CA version for a lot more money--I wasn't impressed.