galleryof guns?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by FernandoTheCommando, Dec 20, 2013.

1. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Anyone have any experience using galleryofguns.com? It seems like a pretty good option for purchasing a gun online. They ship the gun directly to your participating ffl without needing them to fax ffl info. The ffl will already be registered through GOG and you can get multiple offers for pricing from several different lgs in your area as long as they are registered with Davidson's gallery of guns. I might try it out for my next rifle purchase.

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have used them and they are fast. The lgs called me the next day to come get my gun. They also have their own warranty. Just make sure you understand the full cost and you will pay sales tax. They are a little higher than other on line suppliers but it is simple. It also supports your lgs since they do make a profit on the gun with no stocking investment.

3. string1946

string1946 New Member

I have never used either one for anything other than reference but www.nfdmall.com (National Firearms Dealer Mall) seems to work pretty much the same way.

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Davidsons (gallery of guns) has a big mark up and a lot of fees tacked onto the price of the gun. Unless you want the lifetime warranty that davidsons offers you can find the gun at a better price.

5. FernandoTheCommando

Yeah I kind of figured that. A lifetime warranty sounds appealing though. Thanks for the info.

6. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I've bought a couple of guns through them and found their prices very competitive. Combined with the ease of use, quick service and, yes, lifetime warranty I have not bothered with any other online gun purchases.

I suppose if you search long and hard enough you can beat their prices but not by all that much. Are you sure it's not your local shop that's jacking up the price? I know when I make a purchase they offer a half dozen different local FFLs to chose from, and all have different charges they add.

7. FernandoTheCommando

Good to hear. I've been looking for a specific AR that my lgs never has. Probably going to order it through Davidsons come tax time. Appreciate all the info, thanks fellas.