G36 airsoft conversion to shoot .22LR?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by junho806, Jan 10, 2009.

1. junho806

junho806 New Member

saw some youtube videos about people who basically took a ruger 10/22 and fitted it into a G36 airsoft outer casing.
    purely cosmetic
    i know its possible but is it a good idea?
    what do you guys think?

2. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

they break pretty easily. theres a guy on rimfirecentral that did it and said the plastic is too cheap. if you could figure out how to use the metal bodies i think it would be a nice idea. also there was aguy trying to sell them for like 250 bucks on this site, totaly not worth it

3. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I saw it when someone posted it here on the forum. It looked pretty scary. It was pretty much held together with electrical tape and hot glue.

4. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

yeah that guy was tryin to rob people here, that was terrible

5. agoetz2005

agoetz2005 New Member

There are a couple companies making aluminum based kits to drop 10/22's in to. I forget the name, but if you visit rimfirecentral.com and search the "Ultimate 10/22" forum section there are some wild, and definitely NOT cheap ones.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

why on earth would you want to put a real gun into a stupid kiddy airsoft PLASTIC housing? Why not just get a real gun and leave it is a real gun? It baffels me why you are trying to put a real gun into a TOY for kids.

Oh and don't give me the Airsoft are more realistic than paintball gun crap. YOUR PLAYING WITH A DARN TOY.

7. agoetz2005

agoetz2005 New Member