G2R RIP, is facing a limited recall.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Bigcountry02, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Please read, if you own a Glock .45 ACP and have this ammo. Glock does not support this ammo.

RECALL ALERT: G2R RIP .45ACP Recalled

http://gunssavelives.net/gun-industry/recall-alert-g2r-rip-45acp-recalled/

The ammo that took the internet by storm several months ago, G2R RIP, is facing a limited recall.

It would appear that there are compatibility problems with the company’s .45ACP ammunition with Glock handguns.

G2R says they have revised the design and anyone who has unused .45ACP ammo is instructed to email the company for instructions to return the ammo for a free replacement.

https://www.facebook.com/G2Research...41833.737260676290839/980816685268569/?type=1

2. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo New Member

I hope not too many people here fell for this junk

3. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I was actually interested in it, but looks like a gimmick. I think I will pass.

4. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo New Member

The whole gist of this thing is that the ammo is loaded to +P pressures and Glocks are not +P rated. Bottom line do NOT shot this ammo in any gun that is not +P rated.

5. SPF

SPF New Member

They are making huge marketing mistakes. By promoting the product as a devastating destructive entity, it only ultimately leads to negative perception by too many folks. Woe unto the poor soul who uses these in a self defense situation. If you survive, you will be put through hell by hungry prosecutors and other litigants.

These new upstarts need to learn from the history of the likes of Black Talon. It's far better to market characteristics such as;
    Protective
    Defensive
    Preservation
    Threat ending

I'm not saying that they need hide the specifications or the technical details of function, but their marketing as some sort of Darth Vader ammo will not see me purchase any, regardless of their usability in my pistol.

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I am not sure such rating exists. Glock says P+ is safe as long as the SAAMI specs are met, and they usually are.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Glocks are definately raed for +P ammo. WTS, "+P" is a standard of SAAMI. G2 is NOT a SAAMI member and their version of +P may not be within SAAMI specs for the cartridge. I will not buy ammo that is made by a non-SAAMI manufacturer. There are some fly by night companies who just stuff a bunch of powder in a case and sell it. I doubt they have the requisite insurance to cover their misdeeds

8. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo New Member

So what is G2s resolution to the recall? Why a sticker of course

Attached Files: