G29sf??

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by 1A2Nick, Aug 10, 2011.

1. 1A2Nick

1A2Nick New Member

Am in he market for a new handgun and would really like to get a glock. I have had a 19 in he past and really liked it. I wanted something subcompact so I went browsing and stumbled upon he 29. I guess I had never really considered the 10mm as an option but I think it is what I am going to go with. Anybody have one who would like to give me some insight? I can deal with the kick, which I am assuming is gong to be pretty gnarly for that much gun in such a little pistol...

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Nick,

Just a word of advice! I would stay with the Model 27 Glock compact in 40 Cal. S&W. Technically speaking it is a 10MM Short and certainly has more than enough power to get the job done. And with much more power than the 9mm and compares closely with the 45 ACP due to the speed of the bullet. And an important point is the round for the 40 Cal S&W are easier to come by and does not cost as much! Only my two cents.:D

3. OnceBitten

OnceBitten New Member

I have the G29SF and carry it every day. I also have the "LoneWolf" 10-40 barrel conversion for using .40cal while target shooting. The recoil is not as bad as expected!
    With the conversion barrel I can still use the G29/G20 magazines!

4. 1A2Nick

1A2Nick New Member

Hmmm both great things to think about. Thanks!

5. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

10mm is for people with powerful hands who are expert marksmen.
    The stronger you are, the more control you can exert.

.40 ain't called the Short & Wimpy for nuthin ;)
    But it is good to shoot cheap ammo out of a .40 barrel ;)