G23

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by MGH, Mar 25, 2011.

1. MGH

MGH New Member

I had a chance to go to the range with my dad; over all it was a good time. I brought my Glock 23 and my just finished .223 rifle. My dad just brought his XDM .45
    I had to sight in my rifle because of recent work on it. (Pictures after link)
    http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/new-stock-39888/
    It was shooting low and to the left.

I wondering what to do about my pistol shooting; each time my grouping was high and left. I know what I did with that flier down at the bottom.:eek:

Any suggestions?:confused:

Attached Files:

• 120.jpg
      120.jpg
      File size:
      31.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

This might help.

Attached Files:

3. Car54

Car54 New Member

Fixed or adjustable sights? Did anyone else shoot the gun? If so, how did they do?

4. MGH

MGH New Member

Fixed sights and yes, my dad shot it as well, he shot low and to the right.

(I'm left handed and he's right handed.)

How do I stop anticipating?:confused:

5. Car54

Car54 New Member

You didn't say what distance your target was set at, but sometimes if you set your target say at 5 or 7 yards or even closer, shoot a few mags and really concentrate on your sights and slowly pulling the trigger. You'll gain confidence and start accepting the recoil without thinking about it. Shooting at a greater distance trying to figure out what you're doing wrong will only make the problem worse. You do have a fairly good group so whatever you are doing, you are doing it the same each shot.

Another thing is to get some snap caps and have someone load one or two mags mixing the snap caps with your ammo. You won't know when the snap cap comes up and if you are pushing the gun when the snap cap is chambered it will exaggerate what you are doing wrong.

Next, keep shooting. The more you shoot the more comfortable you become.

Also, reverse the chart Dillinger sent, for left handed shooting.

6. MGH

MGH New Member

Thanks for the advise!
    :)