G23 Magazine Question

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Bigjo23, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Bigjo23

Bigjo23 New Member

I'm a new Glock owner. I'm finding it somewhat tough to seat a full Mag into place with a closed slide. I understand that some resistance is normal, but it seems as if I have to bully the mag into place. I apply a VERY firm push and then the release reluctantly and slowly snaps into place. Any Ideas? The mag seats fine empty and with slide open, btw. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

They can be tough, when full. Give it a smack and it will seat.

3. Sooie

Sooie New Member

Hate to hijack but has anyone tried the 29 round .40 mag?

4. indyfan

indyfan New Member

Same thing happens with my Glock 19. Like M14 said, just give it a firm smack.

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I had a bunch of the Scherer 29rd .40's back in the 90's and they worked great. But was offered $200 each, so away they went!

6. Ralphhster

Ralphhster New Member

*******Don't close the slide,when it locks back insert a new mag. After a while the mags break in somewhat ! It's tough on the mag. to force it with the slide closed. Doing so will accelerate the "curling" of the mag. retension slot .

7. Ralphhster

Ralphhster New Member

I use the 29 rounder for my 357 Sig. and have no complaints thus far. Only problem is that it sure uses ammo quick !

8. Ralphhster

Ralphhster New Member

Don't close the slide,insert the new mag. when the slide locks back ! The mag. will "break in" after a while but will probably always be a snug fit when the slide is closed !