G22

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Lifesavin, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Lifesavin

Lifesavin New Member

I recently picked up a G-22. I have a couple different holsters for it. First I bought the Blackhawk Serpa which is great for security. Yesterday while at the range I picked up an Uncle Mikes IWB. I realize that this gun is a little big to conceal, but what do you all recommend?

Andy

2. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Holster

Lifesavin: Sir, Welcome:)

I carry the G-22 or 17; both in a high ride holster. a local fellow makes them;

no web site;

3. indyfan

indyfan New Member

The G22 is pretty big for a CC, but technically it's not impossible to carry concealed. I would go with Raven Concealment IWB

Raven Concealment Systems - Holsters

Spend some money on a good IWB holster cause if not you may end up with something uncomfortable and remember you might be wearing this all day.

4. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Before my 1911 I concealed my G22 daily in the summer or winter. I used a Bianchi Black Widow and never had any problems. If you don't where long shirts it will show

5. Logan2302

Logan2302 New Member

That's about the only way to work these big double stack pistols. Sometimes I'll carry MOB under my waist band unchambered ( the old butt crack holster).

6. Lifesavin

Lifesavin New Member

Thanks for all the input. It is difficult and big to conceal easily for sure. I am a fairly big guy (6 feet tall) I can cover it with the IWB that I have now fairly well, but I need to wear a baggy shirt and give it some forward cant otherwise you can see the butt end profile.

The Raven Does look like a great option for concealment.

7. Bighead

Bighead New Member

A canted, high ride holster or canted IWB would be my suggestion with a strong side carry in the 4 o'clock position. Carrying a full size gun with double stack magazine will require some adjustment in wardrobe, but you should easily be able to conceal under a loose shirt.

8. washabra

washabra New Member

I have a Gen 4 Glock 22 I carry every day in a Crossbread Supertuck holster. I have no trouble concealing this gun. I love the Gen 4. Waiting for the Gen 4 Glock 34.

9. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

The best i could find was a iwb for my g-22