G22 or G22C

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Sdprice84, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Sdprice84

Sdprice84 New Member

Ive heard stories that the g22c isnt as effective as the g22. Im new to glocks but Im curious to know if there is a major difference in velocity or energy due to the ports. Im thinkin of pickin up a new g22c price is 480 out the door so any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Any difference in velocity would be made up for in quicker follow-up shots. That's the trade-off of a compensated barrel.

But I own neither...

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a G-20C. The ported barrel makes muzle jump almost ZERO! I am impressed with the porting. $480 new is a steal. jump on it

4. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Robo: there was a Glock thread awhile back and they concluded the ports didn't really help much but increased noise dramatically.

I wondered about their conclusions since almost every .45 in competition is ported in some shape or fashion. I just watched a 20C on YouTube and it had very little muzzle jump. Would love to try it.

5. stand4arms

stand4arms New Member

Get the standard 22 and if you want to add a ported barrel later you can do so but take it from me the ported barrels don't calm recoil. They are however very accurate and fun to shoot.