G21sf trigger job

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by paccerelli, Sep 9, 2012.

1. paccerelli

paccerelli New Member

M ordering a trigger kit from glock works and was wondering if there are any write ups or how tos on installing it thanks in advance

2. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

YouTube has everything.

3. paccerelli

paccerelli New Member

I'll make sure to check it out thanks

4. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

If you have any questions just ask. It's easy enough though. You should have no problem.

6. paccerelli

paccerelli New Member

7. Glock17-4

Glock17-4 New Member

I've done a half dozen of them. Pretty easy job. Just don't force the locking block pin back in. U have to jiggle the trigger a little to get it in correctly. Other than that it's a piece of cake. The YouTube video from GlockStore is helpful also.

8. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Remember to buy from Reputable shops...Glockworx is a good spot.

there are some out there that I ain't gonna mention by name that you would only send your enemies to...
    so if it ain't a major dealer or the Original Builder of the trigger kit, check 'em out real good first!!!

9. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

If its a carry gun, leave it alone.

10. paccerelli

paccerelli New Member

Watched the videos already studying up on it

Why wouldn't you want to modify your carry gun I mean besides a chance for failure if you bought weak parts or did the install wrong

11. willfully armed

For the same reason departments don't allow non OEM parts in duty guns.

12. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

What do the parts do? Drop the trigger pull down a few lbs?

13. willfully armed

Give you a lighter pull, cleaner break and reset.

14. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I would really be cautious on making an edc weapon lighter pull. You don't want any accidents.

15. broke-again124

broke-again124 New Member

What reason is that?

16. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

I point towards an accidental shooting that occurred at ERML shooting range a year or two ago...
    guy had modded his Glock quite extensively...and dropped it at the range...it fired upwards and the round
    impacted his midsection...he was rushed to the hospital and survived...

However, the gun shop that did the mods that were requested by the Owner caught Holy Heck...
    as they did the requested work including the removal of the trigger safety to make it a Race Gun...
    BATF & local LE investigated the heck out of them and generally made their lives miserable for quite awhile...

Moral of the story?? NEVER modify a safety. You might never drop it...but someone you let shoot it might...
    or the guy you sell it to in 5 years might...ya never know...

So when modifying a carry piece, realize that a lighter trigger may fail a Drop Test.
    Especially if you take a safety or two out...

17. willfully armed

Law enforcement would have no viable reason to investigate a dealer for enhancing a game gun.

Much as they would have no grounds to investigate a mechanic for installing a hi rise Cam in a small block.

My 34 used to have a 2# pull with less than 1/8" overall movement. Trigger safety was disabled because of the eliminated take up. Posed no safety issues until the parts wore enough that it began discharging a round when the slide was dropped on a fresh magazine.

It has been returned to all safeties active.

I carry a g19. I've polished all parts and swapped connectors to enhance trigger reset. Thats all I can recommend for a carry piece.