G19 and 26 mags

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mahall, Aug 8, 2013.

1. mahall

mahall New Member

I'm a new Glock owner!! I recently bought the 19 and 26, both 3rd generations!! Is it my understanding that the 19 factory mags will work in my 26??

2. mahall

mahall New Member

They do seem to be interchangeable!! I put the 19 mag in my 26 and chambered a round!! However I didn't hear the 19 mag click or lock into my 26 like it normally would with the 26 mag!! Yet it seems to be locked and ready to go!! But would have loved to of heard that click-:)

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

I'm not a Glock guy. But it's my understanding the bigger magazines of the same caliber will always work in the smaller guns. One of the things I think Glock is good about. Magazine compatibility.

4. msup752

msup752 New Member

All glock mags of the same caliber and of the same or higher capacity of the Glock you own will work.

There is one exception to this rule. There is a single stack 45 that has slimmer mags.

For example, I have a G19 and 17. I buy only 17 rd G17 mags as they work in both guns. I also have a G30 and G21. I only buy G21 mags as they work in both.

5. mahall

mahall New Member

So obviously the 19 mags will work in my 26!! Just didn't hear that click associated with the mag locking!! But it chambered a round and appears to be good!!

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

7. glockfanboy

glockfanboy New Member

I have a glock 26. All of the glock 9mm mags will fit in it and fire correctly. Including the 9mm 33 round mags. :)

8. mahall

mahall New Member

Thanks for the info!! Good to hear I have a higher capacity 26 if I need it!! And yes the 33 mag sounds great for the range!!

9. glockfanboy

glockfanboy New Member

anytime :) the only problem with the 33 round mags is it makes your gun heavier than you would think... But it's something you get used to :) have fun shooting!!