G17

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Goodie, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Goodie

Goodie New Member

Just shot 180 rounds with my new g17. No issues what so ever. A smooth shooter. Glock is a solid company. Just for my info, has anybody had problems with their g17 gen 3?

2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I got the same gen 3 for 3 years and never a fart,bang every time .It's my favorite shooter.

3. Goodie

Goodie New Member

nice, I love the way it handles. Very excited about my purchase.

4. TheDanielism

TheDanielism New Member

I am thinking of buying a G17. Any significant differences between gen 3 and gen 4 other than back straps? Just want to get the most Glock for my money

5. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

I thought my gen 4 had a stiffer trigger than my gen 3 turns out it just needed broken in more than my gen 3 did. I got new grips for my backstrap and love my gen 4 17.

6. TheDanielism

TheDanielism New Member

I have heard a lot of great things about the grips on the Gen 4. Might be worth the extra dough. I have a pretty nice tax return coming, might have to pick one up ;)

7. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

I love the grips just not on the backstrap for when I do competitions. Everyone is different ! You will love it.

8. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have a G17c 3rd gen and G19 4th gen and love them both. The 4th gen fits my hand a little better and I like the texture over the 3G. I would guess the 4g G17 also has the dual recoil spring. I have several thousand reloads through the G17 and more than a thousand through the G19 with zero issues.
    I think I paid $550 for the G17c and traded an HK USP compact in stainless for The G19 NIB.

9. TheDanielism

TheDanielism New Member

I looked into joining the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation. Since I bought a multi-year membership I am going to get a discount on a new Glock Gen-4 for around $425. Can't wait to get my discount card and head to the gun shop!

10. TheDanielism

TheDanielism New Member

So since you have the two Glocks I'm looking into, what are the pros and cons of a full size vs a compact that you have encountered?

11. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

That is what I did I got the 17 this year and might get the 34 this year !!!!