FYI about Trend Micro antivirus & firewall alert

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by orangello, Dec 31, 2009.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

We use Trend Micro at work & it has been giving me alerts that it considers this website "dangerous".

I think i can add this site to an approved list, so this isn't a problem for me. However, you might want to let those guys at Trend Micro know how their program feels about this site; some newbies might be discouraged from visitating. :)

I did use the "report" button to let them know i disagree with their assessment.

2. BacktoGats

BacktoGats New Member

Of course this place is dangerous, all the members are packing! ;) :D

3. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Dangerous in terms of what?

There is 0 chance of spyware, malware or viruses being hosted here. Sometimes ad networks will have them but we don't run any advertising programs here at all except our internal one that 100% can't have harmful files.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Orangello you may be running into a filter imployed by your place of employment.

At work we use an 8e6 filter Web Security, Web Monitoring.

Talk to your IT guy and see what he says..... Most of the time if you talk to the IT guy you can get him to unblock a sight that the filter says is harmful but you and he know is not.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

It never gave me an answer on that. Maybe it was just a year-end glitch on the firewall/anti-malware program, not sure. If it keeps coming up, i'll update.

Tango, i thought about that, but the work machine is on a very small network and uses Trend Micro on the individual machine itself. No changes have been made to the setup lately, and the alerts just started on 12/31.

I did auto-notify the Trend peeps.