Funny armslist post

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ShagNasty1001, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Attached Files:

2. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Sounds suspicious to me. Too good to be true? Probably...

Edit.... For that price he had better hand deliver it to you!

3. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Haha I know right? There's no way in hell I was going to buy it to begin with but seriously?! At least figure out what caliber it is

4. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Total scam the Nigerian Scams are a major on going operation they can not stop them because they are in Nigeria. Alot of times it will be for something your selling they will offer more cash than your asking and then say but you need to ship it to Nigeria I sell on eBay and I get one of those about every month. Those are the most brazen. Others are alot more obscure but always involve sending them money or items in some way. In this case and in many the person on that listing is not a real person you would send the money to one of their monkeys who they are either paying to run the scam or a family member. Then they send the money or item back to Nigeria .. The emails will always have bad spelling and grammar errors. Also alot of the time the fake name is two first names. They have thousands of them doing this in all kinds of places any where they can get Internet. This particular guy is obviously a new recruit thinking he can scam some one on arms list what an idiot. I sell on ebay and Craig's list and I am plagued by these aholes every one and a while ill mess with them change the price or whatever. Unfortunately there's enough stupid asses to make it a lucrative business for them:mad

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  5. longunner

longunner New Member

I saw someone asking $1,100 for a .45 hi point carbine the other day...crazy

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

English words, but somehow not English enough.

Attached Files:

7. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I got that the other day. I inquired about a Colt SAA from 1897. I pretty well knd ew it was a scam but I played along, Sure enough two ****ing stolen checks, Do they ever get anyone to actually do this'

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Sounds like a scam to me. The guy cut and past the guns description so of sounds good but the blocks requiring manual input always have errors...

The grammar in his email response is the proof. Does Armist allow you to report scammers?

9. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Yes they sure do and yes, I most definitely reported it haha but I had to have some fun first

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Just send him a forged Nigerian money order for 3X the prive and ask him to include the balance, in cash, with the rifle. Nigerian scam the Nigerian scammers.

11. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I second this motion.

12. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I like it!

13. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

So where I posted above, about the old Colts they had listed......A few days ago I was browsing Gunbroker and came across the exact same picture. I emailed the seller and asked if they knew their picture was being used to attempt to defraud people on armslist. He responded that multiple people had noticed and informed him of the scam. The idiot scammers have the same picture listed on like 7 different cities and also list it as 4 different calibers. You'd think they could at least try a little harder.... :rolleyes:

14. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

At the risk of being non-PC. Simple solution.......Nuke Nigeria.

15. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I don't find that non-PC. I call that creative problem solving :D

16. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I second that..... Can Sudan be included in that? I'm tired of the prince of Sudan emailing me about his interest in giving me his money to invest for our mutual benefit.

17. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I thought it would be convenient and an economically sound idea to turn the middle east into the worlds biggest sandbox and just sink a tap in the middle of it and start pumping black gold over here by zillions.

18. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Well, unfortunately, I'm not in charge, but if I were, I'd accommodate all those good ideas.