Fun with the SR22

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by chloeshooter, Oct 5, 2013.

1. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Wife and I took the 12 year old to the range today. Let him try the new SR22 and he would not give it back. Never cared much for the 22/45, but this fits his hand like a glove. She and he put at least 200 rounds thru it Absolutely fun handgun. Solid, feels like a real handgun (cause it is lol), sights are very easy and same set up as my SR40 Ruger and 22 rim fire. They understand the caliber better than anyone IMHO Bottom pic is him shooting 10/22 open sights image-2412246745.jpg image-3397034602.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Fantastic gun. Glad you and they had fun.

3. brassshooter

brassshooter New Member

Just recently started working with my 13 year old and this handgun. He absolutely loved it! Gun has a really good feel to it and as much as I love shooting my bigger caliber guns, this is a really fun, cheaper way to get out on the range more often!

4. aikimo

aikimo New Member

+1 on the sr22. My wife and kids love it. Great pistol.. Congrats

5. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

All these posts about the SR22 make me REALLY want one

6. brassshooter

brassshooter New Member

I just bought a second one because my son hogs it at the range! Lol. Great little gun and a lot cheaper to shoot and keep your skills up at the range. I would suggest this gun to anyone that is looking for a rimfire pistol.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  7. lastrebel70

lastrebel70 New Member

I just went today and bought one for my son for Christmas. Just handling it in the store made me want one also.

8. brassshooter

brassshooter New Member

Had a blast with my son this past weekend shooting ours. We had a dueling tree, a must have if you get two! Lol

9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

it really does feel nice in hand. kind of fits my hand like a Walther PPK, same kind of size and weight

10. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I got one a while back and took my 10yr old nephew out after I got it. I put 20 rds thru first to adjust the sights so my target was peppered. Then my nephew steps up, given he has never shot a pistol before except airsoft, and he groups his first 10 shots within 2 inches. Its a great little gun and it will see plenty of use

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

This is what my 9 yr old got for Christmas last year . It has had a couple thousand rounds ran thru it and runs flawless , it does need cleaned up in that 500-600 rd range or it can have some cycling issues . This one eats every .22lr round you put thru it except subsonics . Ruger has perfected the .22lr pistol

12. redscho

redscho New Member

My SR 22 is the a first handgun my 70 year old sister ever fired or even held. Now she thinks she is Annie Oakly.

13. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I believe you are right about that. I like the blowback design and the 'beefier feeling' magazine (versus say what you get with a 22/45).

14. jammer

jammer Member Supporter

With the SR22 you have a winner. I only wish Ruger had made the safety operate like the SR9 and most semi auto's. This one is down for safe and up for fire. Bassackwards to me.

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Thats because it works as the decocker also

16. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeap , I,m guilty also . Got one myself one after years of wanting one . As much fun as any toy but no toy at all .