Fun new gun

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by purehavoc, Jan 17, 2014.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have one of these coming next week .
    I got a hell of a deal on it because my FFL need a few more $$$ to get his free shipping on a order he needed quickly and this one put him over so I basically got it for about 2% over cost.

[​IMG]

Hoping to turn it into this in about 9-11 months from now after I get my tax stamp paperwork sent off

[​IMG]

2. kyboy

kyboy New Member

What country and caliber ?

3. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Looks like a Yugo/Serbian. N-pap maybe?

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yes its a Serb,

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yes its a Serb, M92 PAP
    Heres some of the specs

made by the famous Zastava factory in Serbia! Features include a cold hammer forged barrel, dual aperture Krinkov style rear sight, bolt hold-open notch on the selector, chrome plated gas piston, bolt and barrel are made from high quality steel alloy, stamped receiver and a Krinkov style hinged top cover for ease of assembly and disassembly. Comes with two 30 rd. mags. Barrel: 10", Overall: 19.3", Weight: 6.6 lbs

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  6. kyboy

kyboy New Member

Does it have stacked mags or does it take all ak mags? I looked at a yugo ak before I bought my saiga and the particular one I looked at it only took single stacked mags.

7. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

You must have been looking at one for the 94-04 ban. Most Yugo/Serbian AK's take standard ak mags.

Yugo/Serbian AK's are often regarded as some of the best AK style rifle there are.

8. Scott_1469

Scott_1469 New Member

Got mine a couple of weeks ago. You'll love it. Really fun to shoot, and definitely grabs attention at the range. Loud and HUGE fireball. I think everyone at the range stopped by to check it out. Put on an Echo 93 sling point adapter, and using a sling really helps to stabilize. What I don't like about it are the sights. Really a bummer IMO, so red dot is next for me. Have fun with it!

Oh, BTW, the Romanian 75 round drum definitely ups the fun factor on that thing!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  9. kyboy

kyboy New Member

Nope. I just looked it up. Its called a yugo PAP made by Zastava. It was made to only accept single stack mags but will accept double stacks with some grinding. Be glad you didnt get it because they are known for week barrels and low longevity for an ak.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

No this one takes standard double stack AK mags

11. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Hmm? Yugo M70 series guns, as well as n-pap and o-pap AK's are known to be high quality. This is because of the thicker (1.6mm receiver) and the (mostly) American made barrels.

12. kyboy

kyboy New Member

I would want an american made AK like I would want Connecticut made bourbon. Im sure its a good gun...besides yours is not the one I was talking about.. here is the Serbian one I was looking at at the gun store and it was garbage and had single stacked mags so I went Russian. All aks are reliable though.

Attached Files:

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

14. kyboy

kyboy New Member

Congratulations!

15. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

You sure it is all Russian?

16. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

No, serbian stamped CAI . You know the routine . So many parts have to be US made to make it across to here for sale .

17. kyboy

kyboy New Member

Like I said before I dont knkw anything abt those but why is the barrel so short? Can you make it longer ? I just noticed that

18. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I was gonna say, looks like a Serbian forend and receiver. Which I think is fine. I have not seen a semi-auto krink with a russian receiver.

19. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Kyboy, it is assembled to be sold as a handgun. Its ancestor however is a SBR.

20. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

A Yugo M70?
    I don't know that I've seen one with a single stack mag. But I did get my M70 several years ago. And i am in serious man love with it. :D

@purehavoc that is pretty dang cool looking.It makes me want one. I love using my under folder but that short bbl is making me feel a little funny...Like when I climbed the rope in gym class :eek: