Fun Gun

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Salvo, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Salvo

Salvo New Member

Does anybody else here build up a rifle just for fun at the range?

Not for competition, not tactical, not for hunting, not a collectors item - but specifically just for fun at the range?

Maybe there's something wrong with me.

[​IMG]

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Nope. I dress up almost all my guns for fun at the range. I hope to get a .22 rifle soon and I'm going to make it the most 'fun' rifle ever..........

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have a lot of long guns that I use for fun. I don't hunt much anymore but still love to shoot long guns.

Winds...A 22 rifle is some of the most fun you can have with your pants on.:D
    I have several and love them all. They are pretty cheap to get started and cheap to feed. We try all kinds of goofy targets to make things interesting. My father in law and me trimmed limbs off a tree for a summer. Had a branch with a bunch of small limbs hanging down at about 70 yards from where we where shooting from. those little peppermints glued to a piece of cardboard can be loads of fun too. I tried aspirins at 50 yds but I got a headache :D

4. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

image-83439927.jpg

image-58661059.jpg

image-1954812302.jpg

Idk why I need them. ****s and giggles.

5. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

.22s are fun but a .308 really makes you feel alive.

6. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Well stated...have been looking for the best way to put it!

But .22s can open the door.

7. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

Not knocking a .22. Fun and you can shoot all day for cheap. But everyone knows big cartridges make you feel like a boss. I love watching cinder blocks turn to gravel. And to all the coyotes in Indiana... Sorry about my 6.8 special.

8. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

Eventually you'll turn back to .22's. Only better ones like my Cooper 57-M.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  9. Salvo

Salvo New Member

Mine is a .243...

Some authority there but the bullets are smaller, don't cost a lot. Powder and primer expense about the same as the .308, though.

As long as I stay away from light bullets going fast, the barrel should last OK. That's no problem as the gun seems to like 70 grain bullets best of all, and doesn't do nearly as well with the 58 grain stuff.

No real kick to speak of from a ten pound gun, just a nudge to let you know that all went well when you touch it off.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  10. defcon

defcon New Member

i prefer .22 fun guns over larger calibers.

.22 conversions at the range today. definitely a crowd pleaser.

even had a 9 yr old shoot a few of them while his dad was recording the grin on his face.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygNmwME-xKg[/ame]