Fun day at the range

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by bub72ck, Feb 2, 2012.

1. bub72ck

bub72ck New Member

Took my XD 9MM and my little .22 revolver out to my range area for a little practice. Nice February day for Virginia (63* and sunny). I had a target stand at 20' and one at 30'. I am much more accurate with my XD than the revolver and I learned my one hand shooting needs a lot of work.

2 targets @ 20'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 targets @ 30'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My misses were much more high and low than left and right. The misses on the side were high and low misses from the small corner targets.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Bear in mind this is the third time I've shot guns of any kind other than a .22 about 8 years ago.

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

looks like you had fun.. keep practicing and im sure you will be on "top shot " some day soon

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

This may help.

Attached Files:

4. bub72ck

bub72ck New Member

Thanks. I will print a couple of those off and hang them up next time out.

5. vincent

vincent New Member

The chart that JTJ put up is for training, it tells you why your hits are going where they are...try this site, and it's free!

http://www.mytargets.com/

That's some good shooting any way you look at it, +1 to you!!!

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Not bad shooting at all for only the third time out in over 8 years. Good job!!

7. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Were you shooting your revolver single action or double action. Try shooting in single action until you get more fluent with your revolver.

But don't take this the wrong way. You did pretty well for you third time out!

8. bub72ck

bub72ck New Member

Mostly single action but some double. It has a very long pull in double so I know that's not going to help me much.

Thanks for the compliment by the way!