Fully automatic weapons

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Ploofy, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Is there any state where one could legally own a fully automatic weapon? How about any states where one could own a weapon such as the RPK?

2. opaww

opaww New Member

I believe that 31 states allow the ownership of full Auto weapons. Kentucky is one of them

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

You can own full autos in most states I imagine. It's a federal thing..not state. You have to apply nad purchase a class III tax stamp for full auto and things like suppressors.

As for a full auto RPK that I do not know specifically. I see them selling but have not5 looked to see if they where full auto or not. I imagine not though being the way the laws are written.

4. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Can anybody post proof of some sort, please?

5. wb_carpenter

wb_carpenter New Member

Google is your friend buddy ;)

6. opaww

opaww New Member

Look up Knob Creek machine gun shoot. And you can go to the ATF site and read the rules about owning a full auto. All the full auto's at Knob Creek are privately owned

7. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Oh, everything I do goes through a firewall. It makes it hard to search for some things. It's much easier if people just tell me where to find it so I can find a way around the firewall to look at it.

8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Sometimes it is best to not feed the trolls. :eek: Not even belt feed.

9. ironsights

ironsights New Member

10. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

Jesus Ploofy,
    What happen? Did you already reverse your former belief that Nobody should be able to own anything that can kill 5 people in one second??

11. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

That was sarcasm. I don't really believe in any limits.

12. billdeserthills

In that case Ploofy I apologize

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Fully automatic weapons are known as Class III National Firearms Act weapons- along with short barreled shotguns, short barreled rifles, suppressors, and "Any Other Weapons" (things like cane guns). The majority of states do not prohibit, but may, like the Commonwealth of Virginia, require that you register full autos with the state.

ONLY those full auto weapons that were already registered with the Federal BATFE by May 1986 may be transferred to a private citizen. The transfer is done thru a FFL holder that has a class III endorsement. You must apply to the BATFE for the transfer, have permission of your local Chief Law Enforcement Officer, submit a fingerprint card, and a $200 transfer tax ($5 for AOWs). NEW full autos are transferrable only to a dealer, a law enforcement agency, or the military.

Due to the "no new full auto" law, the price of full autos has gone thru the ceiling- an M16 rifle is about $15,000. To the best of my knowledge, ONE crime has been committed with a licensed full auto. Police Officer that murdered wife.

14. billdeserthills

Of course if you had the authorization to buy a new M-16 price is $1,250.00
    at my distributor.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  15. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Really? I thought they stopped making M16s full auto after like the 80's. I've only seen one full auto one, and thats carried by the local conservation officer.

16. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

Solid proof that it is best that only local, state, and federal governments have access to full autos. :rolleyes:

17. billdeserthills

It could be the 3 round burst model, I'm just a part time gun dealer,
    Heh heh

18. billdeserthills

Gee, and here all this time I thought it was an act of Treason
    I guess that is why Cartman hates hippies so much.