Firearms Talk banner

Do you believe a full moon affects animal's and people's behaviour?

• Yes, I've seen it happen numerous times.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No, I think it's a bunch of hog wash.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Possibly, it does affect tidal waters, maybe it does affect animals and people.

Votes: 5 27.8%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
34,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how many people believe a full moon makes people act a little crazy or otherwise affects people. I think it does, working in a hospital and seeing what comes in the ER during full moons. My co-worker said he doesn't think so. He said we just notice it more on the full moon. What do you think and what have been your experiences?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I wonder how many people believe a full moon makes people act a little crazy or otherwise affects people. I think it does, working in a hospital and seeing what comes in the ER during full moons. My co-worker said he doesn't think so. He said we just notice it more on the full moon. What do you think and what have been your experiences?
My girlfriend used to work at a nursing home and now works in a hospital, she has always said that the residents/patients act crazy during a full moon. It must have been really crazy last night, that thing was bright!

·
Administrator
34,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My girlfriend used to work at a nursing home and now works in a hospital, she has always said that the residents/patients act crazy during a full moon. It must have been really crazy last night, that thing was bright!
Well, I worked last night and I work in a hospital. We had a very busy night which is what prompted me to start this poll.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I know that a Full Moon discharges an immense amount of energy to earth. That might be the problem with people already sensitive neurologically or vibrationally, in that they become overloaded.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I don't know if the moon affects people or not. We used to have a neighbor that worked with mentally challenged people & she claimed it affected their behavior.

I do know it affects fish feeding cycles. I always went fishing when I had a chance, regardless of what the solonar tables said, but there were a few times when I could test the theory, fishing at night for crappie & you could just about set your watch by when they started feeding.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Yep, I have to shave three times a day when the moon is full!

·
Registered
694 Posts
I know it affects some people, you ever notice how horrible some drive during the time if a full moon? Geeze!

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
I vote yes,when i was a LEO crazy things happened on a full moon. Full moon=higher arrest rate

·
Registered
310 Posts
I know it affects fishes, but i saw 8 car accidents on same highway yesterday! they were little ones...but still 8 on same highway is pretty crazy.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I know it affects fishes, but i saw 8 car accidents on same highway yesterday! they were little ones...but still 8 on same highway is pretty crazy.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sometimes it seems like there are a lot of crazy things going on around a full moon. However, I also have nights where it is not a full moon and I have to deal with just as many crazy people, if not more.

·
Administrator
34,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sometimes it seems like there are a lot of crazy things going on around a full moon. However, I also have nights where it is not a full moon and I have to deal with just as many crazy people, if not more.
That's what my co-workers say, too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts