Full metal jacket

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by JGguns, Mar 7, 2009.

1. JGguns

JGguns New Member

Hey guys I just got this ruger police six 357 mag the other day (250 for everything in pic!) I have a b-day coming up and thought some full metal jackets would be cool. I am guessing I can either go with .357 mag or .38 sp, my question is there a tried an true brand or specific company that you guys can suggest? If you could give me opions on both the .357 mag and .38 sp. Thanks alot

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Hey guns, although, I reload I use 125 gr. Hornady Flat Point XTP for target when loading 38 spl. and 125 gr. Hornady Hollow Point XTP in 357 mag. 158 gr. bullets are pretty popular and widely used. You can't go wrong sticking with Federal, Mag Tech, Winchester, Remington or any other premium ammunition. I don't like Wolf. Your just going to have to find out what you firearm prefers and what your budget can afford. Shoot Straight and Stay Safe, Hunter Joe

3. JGguns

JGguns New Member

Thanks joe. I guess I willl just check some prices on those brands and go from there.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

If you are looking for just some FMJ ammo for the FMJ look, Rem UMC .38 spl 130 gr FMJ's are pretty common. It is pretty much the old Air Force revolver load. Aside from that I don't know why you would want FMJ's for a revolver.

5. JGguns

JGguns New Member

I just want them for plinking basically, shooting some old cars and fridges stuff like that. For fun

6. Quis custodiet

Quis custodiet New Member

+1 on the Remington UMC ammo in FMJ. Cheap, and mild. No problem in a Ruger Police Six.

BTW $250 is a d*mn good price for that Ruger.

7. JGguns

JGguns New Member

Alright thanks. Yea I know I was very stoked about it.

8. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

38 Spl. Wadcutters will do the job.

I'm with you robo. I think this lad needs to be steered toward 148gr. Wadcutters for his plinking+some factory .357JHP for serious clean out/defense loads.:D

9. geocole

geocole New Member

I buy all my pistol bullets from Precision delta, they have a good product and a good price. Untitled Document

10. supergus

supergus New Member

My local range uses Magtech for range ammo and I have literally put thousands of rounds through my SIG 1911 with no ammo malfunctions.