Full auto

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Rugers9, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

Is it possible to own a full auto AR and what am I looking ay price wise

2. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Yes it is, minimum of $15,000

3. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

And that's with a coupon!!!

4. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

Damn ok got some saving to do.

5. PlaysWithZombies

Is there any particular reason you want fa? If it's just to have fun with there are much cheaper alternatives.

6. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I'd rather have $15,000 worth of guns and ammo to play with rather than a firearm that can spit out more ammo in a minute than I can afford to buy in an hour on my job.

7. PlaysWithZombies

+1,000 dam straight. Some people are fascinated by fa rifles though, i'm not a fan myself :p

8. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

They are fun. For about ten minutes. Then you just get to wonder why you basically traded an arsenal in on one gun.

9. KalashnikovBlood

KalashnikovBlood New Member

They're a blast but ammo becomes a bit of a problem depending on how much you have stashed away

Spetsnaz for Life

10. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Not only does it go through the ammo. But unless you know what you are doing you wont hit anything after the first 4 or 5 rounds anyway. It is nothing like you see in the movies.

11. KalashnikovBlood

KalashnikovBlood New Member

Rick1967 has an excellent point. It's smarter and more efficient to fire in quick controlled bursts

Spetsnaz for Life

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have shot several fully auto firearms before, and they are fun! but i have no desire to own one because of the high price of buying one and feeding it ammo. besides, semi auto is just way more accurate for most people.

13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Go paintballing. It's a blast, and you can get a good full auto for 3-400$

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

I wouldn't bother. A single well aimed shot is not only more effective, but is considerably damaging to your enemy's morale. And this is coming from a SAW gunner. Yeah, a hail of bullets is scary. But imagine being on the receiving end when your buddies die as soon as they poke their heads out of cover.

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

For the benefit of the OP, and any other readers-

In the US, you can legally own a fully automatic firearm in MOST states- a few do not permit private ownership.

You must be 21, legally able to own ordinary firearms, and arrange the transfer through a dealer that has an endorsement to sell full autos. The gun in question must ALREADY have been registered with the BATFE by May 1986. No additional firearms can be added to the register AFTER that date for transfer to a private citizen. You will need prints, sign off by local Chief LEO, and a one time $200 transfer tax.

Since no new full autos can be transferred, the price has skyrocketed. A legal M16 IS about $15,000. The cheapest full auto I have seen is a MAC 11 at about $3,500.

This also applies to "burst fire" weapons. Manufacture of a full auto, or conversion of a semi to full, for private ownership is not permitted. Penalties include 10 yrs in a Federal pen, fine of $10,000, loss of your rights to own ANY gun, forfeiture of your girlish laughter, and a new roommate named "Crusher".

16. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Spoken like a true US Marine. :)

A good friend of mine was an instructor at Division Schools, 2 Mar Div. He says the EXACT same thing....

17. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

For me FA would lose its appeal real quick when my wallet couldnt keep up with the weapon. Might be better to find a friend with FA that you can enjoy once in a while. Definately cheaper! It was great when the Army was buying the ammo.

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

the other side of the coin is they are fantastic investments if you dont tear it up. they only go up in price. buy one wait a few years and sell you get a real good return.

19. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

Great info guys thanks I will put some thought into this maybe try the slide fire I googled it and there are semi- that seem to almost fire FA thanks