Full-Auto!

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by hubus83, Mar 14, 2014.

1. hubus83

hubus83 New Member

Hey guys/gals!
    Today at the gun range, I had a conversation with another about a gun stocks. I was informed about "slidefire" and was intrigued. My AR is Semi but I watched view reviews and I'm considering. Does anyone heard or has the slidefire stock? How is it?

"the only stupid Question is Question not asked"-Albert Einstein

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

It works at what it does. Really good for not much more than simple fun though. Unless you can think of a legit reason you want full auto, other than the fact that it SHOULD be your right and that you want it?

I personally think the machine gun registry should be done away with, and that civilians should be allowed to buy ALL the same small arms that the military uses, on the general market place. Imagine a world where you can pick up a gallon of milk and an M249 SAW in the same store... Mmmmm.... I think I just talked dirty to myself, because I'm a happy, HAPPY man at that thought...

I just can't think of a reason that I would want one, other than collecting. I wouldn't want to shell out the money to feed a full auto.

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

If I could literally lmao, I'm pretty sure that would've done it. That's hilarious.

But yes. I agree. Few things are more fun than blowing through a bunch of ammo in fully auto, ESPECIALLY when its the government's ammo. :D

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

An expensive simulator that eats real ammo and shoots patterns.

5. hubus83

hubus83 New Member

Thx for the inspiring words of wisdom. I was just wondering because who know , when you have to design a cool pattern on a unlucky SOB that decided to break in.

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

That's up to you, but it is sold expressly for entertainment. The fact that the Feds waved it off should tell you. (For now, anyway)

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

If you wake up in the middle of the night to some dumb **** nuts poking his head in your window, yep, it'll get the job done. IF you want to go that route. I'd personally be happy pulling the trigger multiple times on my own, or just using a shotgun.

But hey. You could peel potatoes with a chainsaw. Just because I don't personally see the point, won't stop anyone from trying it who wants to try it, right? This is the land of the (somewhat) free. Pursuit of happiness and all that. Go for it if you wanna.

It does work. Going rock and roll (even simulated) is a freaking blast (pun intended). That's what it's meant for, that's what it's good for. Isn't that about what you asked?

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Here's a pretty good analogy, kinda...

I'd love to do this. Looks cool as hell. But for general purposes, I'll stick to my bottle opener. Or teeth.

Kinda falls into the same category as the slide fire.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ-slvv_ZT4[/ame]

9. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Here's my 2 cents; I am not going to buy one because it could, no, definitely would quickly decrease my now more pricey ammo. FAST. Also, they're not cheap. Nearly 400 bucks if I remember right. Also, I have come to realize that tactically, you're better off with semi-auto. In almost ALL instances, unless you're the ARMY with unlimited ammo supplies. But, on the other hand, what might they be worth someday, if made illegal, but current owners are allowed to keep them? A lot. Would I like to try one? Uhhh, YES. :cool:

10. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

You might also want to take a look at the TacCon trigger: https://tacfirecon.com/tacfireconshop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

About the same money----but you get a decent semi auto trigger in the deal, which is worth more than a few bucks
    by itself. Makes the "play" position a bit more affordable. It also eliminates the goofy "pull with one hand push
    with the other" firing mode of the slidefire.

11. hubus83

hubus83 New Member

Lol! I know what you mean trip286.

12. hubus83

hubus83 New Member

The price is about 350$ or the price of the trigger system. I don't think I'll be picking up this toy, just because it eats ammo like a Snooky during pregnancy...but it looks like hell of fun!

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

Of the two, I think if I were in the market for something like this, I'd go with the trigger, for the reason already stated.

14. hubus83

hubus83 New Member

Bullseye! Well spoken Trip.

15. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

A waste of good ammunition!

16. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

Had one and sold it. Chances are, unless you've got a money tree in your backyard, ammo prices hold you back from shooting as much as you want to. It's simply WAY too expensive to shoot it. I blew through about 3 magazines before I had it mastered, then looked down and realized how much money was gone. I was like screw this. It does work, but I wouldn't buy one. Rent a FA at the range and blow through some ammo. Then you aren't left with no ammo and a 350$ piece of plastic (that is ugly as sin BTW) sitting in your closet collecting dust. Hell, the times I would have used it, I didn't have it with me because I had to take my CTR off and put in on. Just wasn't worth the hassle. And money