Full auto guns

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Fyzix, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Fyzix

Fyzix New Member

Are there any full auto guns that civilians can own?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Pre-1986? Sure. Post 1986? How much money you have in our wallet.

3. Fyzix

Fyzix New Member

About 5,000 dollars

4. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Depends.... Lots of paperwork and lots of money, lots and lots of money.

5. clearsights

clearsights New Member

6. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Several you can get for close to 5K. Price guide here:

http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/index.htm

Been kind of thinking about a Reising for myself---should have
    bought one years ago!

7. WestForkArmory

WestForkArmory New Member

For non-Class 2 or 3 dealers you can get pre- may 1986 registered machine guns. For about $3500 you can get good M10 full auto. If you have questions, let us know.

8. bkt

bkt New Member

Even though the feds let civilians own full-auto firearms some states prohibit it. Check with your state and local laws.

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

As a former owner of a MAC-10, I would disagree with you. IMHO, there are no good MAC-10s.:(

10. WestForkArmory

WestForkArmory New Member

They sometimes need a little TLC, or sometimes luck when buying one.

11. string1946

string1946 New Member

Mac 11

I have a select fire M-11 that I bought years ago. There is one just like it at a gun shop near here for $3800. I have never had a problem with the gun but I have had problems with the cheap plastic mags.

12. DrJason

DrJason New Member

I'll reiterate to check your local state laws.

In that price range the only options I know of are the M-10 and M-11. If you go with either of those I HIGHLY recommend getting the LAGE slow-fire upper kit, make the gun much more controllable and fun to shoot, also allows for the ability to mount a red-dot. The mag's are definitely the weak link with this gun.

Good luck with your search.

13. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

I suggest keeping an eye out for one in an auction. Every one in a while here in southern indiana you can find an auction with one machine gun in it. And most of the time they go for reasonable prices because people don't want to mess with the paperwork.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

To give the OP a direct answer- yes- there ARE full autos that a private citizen can own in the US- IF your state laws do not prohibit it.

Only those full autos already registered with the BATFE by May 1986 can be transferred to a private person. NO ADDITIONAL full autos can be registered except by dealers supplying Law Enforcement AGENCIES or the military.

The transfer must take place thru a machine gun dealer in your home state. You must be 21. not prohibited from owning a gun, apply to the BATFE for approval of the transfer, file the application, together with your photo, prints, approval from local Chief LEO, payment of a $200 transfer tax, and a jar of Crunchy Peanut Butter. (Just kidding about the peanut butter) Approval seems to be running 6-9 months.

Since there is a finite supply of pre 1987 guns, prices are up. A Mac will run you a few thousand. An M-16 about $15,000. An M60 belt fed- Jesus wept.