full auto ar15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by perfectweapon, Aug 31, 2011.

1. perfectweapon

perfectweapon New Member

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. I bought an ar15 And was wondering
    if it can be converted to full auto. thank you very much.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Not without the services of a machine shop and a lawyer.

The machine shop, since current AR style rifles cannot have full auto fire control parts "drop in" to place.

The lawyer, because what you are describing is the "manufacture of a machine gun". With the exception of special licensed manufacturers of full auto weapons, doing that is good for 10 years in a Federal prison, and a fine of not more than $250,000. And the loss of your rights to ever own ANY firearm.

General category of REALLY bad ideas.

In the meantime, stop over by the intro thread, and say hi. Good forum, some good folks here. Stick around for a bit.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Yeah, having one made to go full auto is not a good idea. If you want one, You need to get a class III FFL which requires a good bit of money and a ok from local law enforcement. Then you need to find a actual m16 or m4 (your preference) Which will cost you a lot (and I mean a lot:eek:) of money. This is how you can get one with out worrying about geting a human booster shot in the showers.:D

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

In a word...No. What you are describing has been illegal for decades unless you are manufacturing under a Federal license specifically for military or LEO use. As stated, a NFA full auto can be purchased from a Class III dealer after the proper permits are acquired...only cost you about $12,000.

5. perfectweapon

perfectweapon New Member

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

7. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Who's got that "Ninja Face Palm" photo?:rolleyes:

8. perfectweapon

perfectweapon New Member

Like i said, I'm new here. what do you mean by "troll alert"

9. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

You can join the army and get one issued to you like I did.You get to play with a lot of other full auto things to and grenades and claymoores and laws.They will also teach you how to use all those things also.No gun range pretend sniper commando stuff the real thing.And best of all the ammos free.

10. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

+1,000, I like it!!! :D

When I think about the amount of ammo, and the cost to do so, that I went through with my 7.62 Minigun at 4,000 rpm, it makes me shudder. Going through 20,000 +/- rounds a day was common. :eek:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  11. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

The shoulder fired, wire guided, Dragon-Anti Tank Missile was pretty fun too at $15,000 per trigger pull!:)

TACK

PS-Gotta join the military to play with these too.

Attached Files:

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Troll: "A person who posts a deliberately provocative message to the forum with the intention of causing disruption and/or argument with or without contributing to the content of the thread."

I would expand this definition to include post requesting advice on illegal activity, which is exactly what you did. Most member here consist of sportsmen, LEO's, those who exercise their right to self defense, and folks new to this culture looking to learn from the experience gathered here.

As stated previously, converting a semi auto rifle to full auto is HIGHLY illegal.

TACK

13. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Not to mention ATF seriously frowns on that stuff, so you'll need to hide your wife, son & dog! :eek:

ETA: Now that I thinks about it, it was probably ATF doing the trolling to see if they could get any bites. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  14. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Good advice from c3shooter! I like it. Concise and to the point.
    And by the way ... Welcome aboard!

15. luan87us

luan87us New Member

I wish i decided to join the military after high school instead of going off to college now =p oh well lol

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

You can do both! :p

Well, I only took a few college classes in the service but then used the GI Bill to go on.

17. luan87us

luan87us New Member

With the shape i'm in right now I doubt they'll accept me again hahaha. I was accepted for Air Force dammit shoulda take the offer.

18. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Oh I wouldn't be SO surprised..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using FirearmsTalk

19. perfectweapon

perfectweapon New Member

Hello everyone.
    I was told if I wanted to fire a higher grain bullet like a 55grain 5.56
    I needed to change the barrel from 1.9 twist to a 1.7 twist is that right and what else would I need to change. Thanks.

20. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Not really...a 1:7 or 1:9, even a 1:12 is fine for a 55gr. Too much twist and the bullet could come apart in flight, too little and it won't stabilize it's rotation and will wobble to the target. The 1:7 was developed for the shorter barrel M4 firing a 62 gr tracer round.

Check out Sniper03's sticky on the subject of barrel twist and bullet weights.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/understanding-barrel-twist-bullet-weights-44557/