Fugitive recovery agent

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by hq357, Oct 29, 2013.

1. hq357

hq357 New Member

Has anyone here ever thought about becoming a real bounty hunter? I was looking into it and heard it pays good money and helps clean up the streets has anyone here done it? And how was it??

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I used ot know a guy when I lived in Ohio that did that for a living. He didn't talk much about work but did always seem to be a little banged up when he got back in town. He did say the money was good though.

3. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I was talking to a guy at the LGS last week that does that. Says he hates it. He works for the feds on a bounty pay system and he says the paperwork is huge and the pay is always late. The guy used a federal ID to buy a pistol, and he was well known to the shop owner, so I tend to believe he is what he says.

4. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I have a friend who loves it.

5. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Listening to this guy I'm sure the actual job was fun for him. I think his complaint was with all the BS associated with the job.

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Any bail bondsman can tell you all about it.

7. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I wonder what the legalities of CC with this job are? Kind of like how your in a shady legal area if you CC while working as an Unarmed security guard. If you ever had to use your gun the prosecuted has a pretty good point that you ere the aggressor.

8. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Lately the profession has become more regulated. I know that in Texas you now have to be a licensed investigator before you can be one. I lost the best bounty hunter I ever had (at one time I was set up to make bonds for my clients) when they changed the law.

9. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I wouldn't want to be a bounty hunter. Many police officers are not going to back up a bounty hunter. Don't watch Dog the bounty hunter and think that is all there is to it. You do know those "reality" shows are staged. If you are an adrenaline junkie go to school to become a federal marshal.

10. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't forget that show is filmed in Hawaii. How hard can it be to track a man down on an island? :rolleyes:

11. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Learn ALL of the legal issues associated with the profession before deciding to go into it. A skip trace can get into a lot of trouble doing their job in NY and Mexico. Up here, it is considered false arrest or kidnapping. In Mexico, it is out right kidnapping, and either one will arest and charge you.

12. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Texas has some weird bail enforcement laws too. My buddy said they literally avoid the entire state if the guy they're after doesn't come willingly. They will add 16 hours to their trip to stay out of Texas.

13. txpossum

txpossum New Member

"Dog" and his "crew" are walking cartoons -- every time I have the misfortune to stumble across the program I have to watch a few minutes out of morbid curiousity about just how WRONG it is.

14. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

That just about sums it up right there. "Reality" TV just ain't real.

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

That show gives Dogs a bad name.:p

Attached Files:

16. hq357

hq357 New Member

Dog the bounty hunter is kinda dumb does anyone know how much a REAL fugitive recovery agent can make? And what are the requirements in arizona? What is the age limit to do it? my younger 19 year old cousin told me about it and says hes getting a fugitive recovery id card or something i kinda dont believe em since you have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo so im not sure

17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I would think in many jurisdictions carrying a firearm would be illegal. :confused:

18. JW357

JW357 New Member

19. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

No they're usually covered as far as that's concerned.

20. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

How can civilian Bounty Hunters be covered for carrying firearms? Federal Agents have limits on carrying firearms. What laws allow a BH to carry firearms in any jurisdiction?:confused: