fu#&ing Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by mountainman13, Jun 12, 2012.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

2. levelcross

levelcross New Member

It never fails to amaze me how many people are willing to give up their rights, just to tell you that you no longer have any.

Have they come up with a list of banned words yet?

The thump thump that you hear is the rush of slime ball attorneys lining up at the steps of the courthouse.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I believe they are working on the list. It was even stated that you could be ticketed for having an aggresive attitude. I believe the aclu will be getting involved against it.

4. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Wait so a store owner is upset about foul language on their private property? This moron does realize that they have the right to remove customers who are using foul language if it bothers the other customers. No law is needed here.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh, but the gubmint can fix everything for us! We all have a right to never be offended.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

While i personally find the level of foul language used in public situations these days to be ridiculous to the point of reminding me of elementary school when all those words were new, i'm not sure i am a fan of restrictions on speech just because others find it offensive. I mean, i've seen some "goth" outfits that were surely just as offensive, but i don't want us all in uniforms, nor most of those kids less-covered.

I fully support merchants enforcing dress codes or anti-swearing policies in their own businesses.

I also have a tendency to laugh out loud and/or point at people performing their imitation of Popeye's PO'd mother over their cellphone in the checkout line at Kroger and such (i'm not small; it is hard to miss if i am laughing and/or pointing at you).

7. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

8. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Town Bans Profianity

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57451794-504083/profanity-banned-in-middleborough-mass-no-$/

Oh no. Some feelings got hurt by someone swearing :(

9. orangello

orangello New Member

10. gilfo

gilfo Member

Looks like they are going down the line, First the 1st amendment then the 2nd and so on and so on.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

What we need are more thoughtless arseholes who will call out an idiot on their idiocy, political correctness be darned. With enough people making fun of idiocy, such idiocy would likely fall out of favor before the even more moronic evil minions of the federal government devise a restrictive device to seperate citizens from their rights while appearing to somewhat restrict activity that was merely laughable at the outset.

12. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Truth be known, foul language in public can get a person in trouble just about anywhere. All it takes is someone to file charges & sign a complaint.

13. bkt

bkt New Member

Tell those dod gamn futher-mucking buns of sitches to shove their new law ap their usses. But be sure not to swear.

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I dont use the cleanest language myself but i do try and respect other people in public by watching my mouth. To me it shows lack of class and repsect for others whenever someone is in public being loud and using vulgar language every other word. To me its more of a moral issue than it should be a legal issue.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

People are always being arrested for their loud mouthed beligerent behavior. In oklahoma if you are inside city limits being loud and obnoxious,you can be arrested for disorderly conduct. If your in a rural area and the neighbors call the LEO for the same behavior, its called disturbing the peace which is an arrestable offense too.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Next thing you know they will be banning smoking in public.

17. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Oh they're working on it.

18. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

No, they started with the second, that's why they're doing this to the first...

19. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I could neve support this law. I get WAY too much enjoyment out of calmly intimidating anyone who thinks it's cool to drop F bombs around ladies and children...:D "evil grin...

Tack