Ftf ??

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by Jay, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Jay

Jay New Member

I'm not a genius... far from it... but I have failed miserably to connect "firearmstalk" with "FTF"....

Head slaps aren't necessary, but I'm confused... :confused:

2. bkt

bkt New Member

Firearms Talk Forum

3. Jay

Jay New Member

see, I figured it would be somethin' simple.... well... we're supposed to laugh at ourselves.... MY TURN... :)

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Don't feel bad. It took me a little while to figure that one out, too. :eek:

5. Jay

Jay New Member

Thannk you ma'am, but I don't feel bad. If that's the worst problem I have this week, I'm in great shape.... round is a shape, right? :)

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Please add MIM to the list. I had to Google that one to stay in the loop.

7. winds-of-change

Okay, now. What is MIM?

8. Jay

Jay New Member

I know, I know..... Metal Injection Molding

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Jay is correct. It is a form of parts manufacturing that was adopted to cut costs and allow for thousands of parts to be fabricated in a quick fashion like you can do with plastic. It is a combination of powder metallurgy and plastic manufacturing processes.

It's very common outside the US for firearms' manufacturers and has crept into several platforms that have roots here in the US including the 1911 platform.

One of the largest companies is out of Israel called BUL.

Many people, including myself, feel that MIM parts are a weak link in any weapon platform and should be changed out. This is personal preference and YMMV.

JD

10. winds-of-change

Okay, thank you for the explanation. But now I'm laughing pretty hard because I don't know what "YMMV" is. ROFL

11. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Your Mileage May Vary