FTF Zombie Apocalypse Vehicle

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Dec 26, 2010.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OK lets design the FTF ZAV.

1. what base vehicle? Trusk SUV, Car, what?

2. Options do we want armored or do we want hatches or even better gun ports. Maybe a bumper with a spring loaded blade that pops up to about 4.5 feet. That way you can just run them down and cut their head off at the same time.

3. Fuel what kind? How much should it carry?

4. Other stuff. Like how many people should it carry...... ect.......

Lets go let see what we come up with. Do we have any artist on here that could draw a concept vehicle?

2. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

How about something along the lines of the Oshkosh Sandcat?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

An SUV running on biodiesel (so we can use regular diesel to deer bait), with a Dillon Precision toy coming out of the roof. Run a "snowplow" type front end. Painted a no glass black with extra insulation inside so our heartbeats cannot be heard.

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'm not sure what would be better, tracks or wheels. Tracks have the advantage of traversing rougher terrain easier but wheels require less maintenance and are more readily available. My thinking would be a vehicle that is durable and requires as little maintenance as possible.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

It comes in stainless!
    [​IMG]

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I think a large SUV like a Suburban can work. Although I kind of really want a Halftrack. ;)

Doors are probably fine. It needs bullet resistant glass, to be diesel powered and have run flat tires. I also like the Dillon accessory suggestion.

Although, I really want a Halftrack. ;)

with a Ma Deuce

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

already got one. its black four legs eats hay and grass and can pull a cart, wagon or plow.

it does get upset and kick if you try to put diesel in its fill cap.

8. Morgo

Morgo New Member

I'll use my jeep untill I come accross one of these.

[​IMG]

Should work nicely.

9. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

Well to be honest it depends on what you are goin to be doin. Im building my Cj-5 as my G.O.O.D (get out of diego or dodge)/scout vehicle. just need a few thousand more for the diesel swap and ill be good to go. I know what your thinkin. It has no doors. well all it takes is a stop at the local home depot or ace and some chain link fence and plastic nothin is gonna get in. But for a resupply/attack truck id have to go with somethin a lil bigger like my Bronco or a Tahoe or something similar with a lil more room.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Think to all the zombie movies. What are the two things that get people killed in a vehicle? Doors and Hatches. I think One hatch in the room max. I want at least 200 gals of fuel. I am thinking room for at least 6 people. Max of 3 in there and room for three peoples worth of ammo and supplies.

I think Wheels with a set of Mattracks in a trailer loaded with more survival stuff.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Another thing to think about is exterior protrusions/grab holds on the vehicle. Anything that the zombie could get a hold of could be potentially a problem. Maybe the skin should be smooth or at least have as few points to get a hold of as possible. Any hatch should be located on the top and/or bottom of teh passenger compartment.

Another nice feature would be spray nozzle ports 360deg around the vehicle. This could be used as a last resort defense mechanism, spraying some diesel fuel around a perimeter and burning any zombie hordes that happen to corral or ambush the vehicle. ;)

12. coronadrinker85

coronadrinker85 New Member

1985 Toyota 4 Runner,
    1) great off road ability
    2) supper reliable engine
    3) good gas milage
    4) space

plus lots of other great reasons

13. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

The only way it would be a problem is if you ran out of ammo or something to poke it in the head with. And if your in a 4X4 why would you waist the diesel on burning them and possibly traping yourself in the process when you can just creep along and pop them in the head or run them down... remember there will be no P.E.T.Z (people for ethical treatment of Zombies) so you can just keep on driving or shooting either way.

14. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

DeLorean.!

15. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Don't piss in my corn flakes! :( Maybe I just like to see zombies burn! :D

16. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

Ill give you that. but hell well just make a flame thrower for that when tshtf.:D

17. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I would go for something built on this platform.

The M113 APC - Just add a knife edge all the way around, a couple of Aero mini guns, Crew of two and can carry 11. Room for fuel, ammo, anything you might want.

[​IMG]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvYV5QZtevk[/ame]

18. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Something like this.:D

Attached Files:

19. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

F-350 7.3 L diesel (with a PROPANE conversion kit and extra tank), so it can burn both. 4x4, Crew Cab with steel camper shell welded to bed of truck connected to cab via hatch, SOLID rubber tires (no flats, NO STOP), heavy-duty ranchhand bumpers (front and back)...............propane is less effecient, but lasts forever wherever it is stored.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  20. BombDoc

BombDoc New Member

Obviously an Escalade with a plow blade is the best choice.

My personal choice would be one of these two. Deuce and a half or Uni-Mog.
    [​IMG]

I lean toward the deuce for it's multi-fuel capability. There are shop-van versions out there, easily accessible and dirt cheap. Winches, plows, you name it there is a mount for it. Plus, the Uni-Mog is a turd on the road. I was really happy when we got rid of ours.

If we go a little smaller I would go with an '80s Suburban swapped to a 4bt Cummins and 5 speed manual. Solid axle 4x4 and basically bullet-proof powertrain. Make a bulkhead behind the second row of seats and use the covered rear area for gear/fuel. I might make one of these anyway, just because I want one.

Chances are the zombies won't have guns so I'm not worried about armor.