FTF Shooting meets.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, May 4, 2009.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Has anyone thought about have a state meet and greet shoot? I think we could almost do it here in VA? Just need to find a public range in the center of everyone and plan a little day on the range.

2. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

I like it.

I'm in. Logistics will be a biatch.

3. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Ive thought about that, but on a national level. It would be awesome to have an annual FTF Shoot.

On a state level, I would be pretty lonely here in MA. Me and the two other gun owners :rolleyes:. If there was one for New England, probably somewhere in VT, I would definitely show up.

4. ChuckD

ChuckD New Member

That would be awesome.

5. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

The National FTF shoot out is a great idea Texas is in the center of everyone nearly and they do respect carry permits from other states

6. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Texas in thw fall or winter, That would work.

Of all the BS, Picking on Dillinger, pissing off Tango, OOPS I better stay at home. Hate trying to pry a boot outta my A$$.

7. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

They are so old they have forgotten it all bobby!:D

.............I think I may stay in SC just to be on the safe side:D

8. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I'm good with Texas. We have a couple Texans here who can probably find a nice range for us.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If it is in the summer I can do texas. Not a big deal to me.

10. WDB

WDB New Member

I like the Idea of an annual get together, how about Claremore Oklahoma, it has the largest private gun collection in the world. Some member in the area should be able to find a range or open land to host us.

The Gun Museum

11. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

The conservation grounds of Missouri are also a good spot too. Just watch out for the Southern Missouri Tarantula crawling about at the range. :D

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'm in. :D If this event were done on a long weekend, 3-4 days, than I could probably make it to wherever it was held. Just a 1 day event and I could make it within driving distance of NY.

13. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

We should do regionals.

There's members of this forum all over the USA, so that might be the best way to do it, and get the most participation.

For example, I know there are some forum members from Montana, and I know of some members (and one mod in particular) that lives really close to Montana.

It can be done. It would be really fun to do. I would be in if the commute isn't too incredibly far.

:cool:

14. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I can work on a site in the Austin area. At least that is the center of Texas ( and thus the entire world). We could call it a regional but Yankees could get temporary visas to gain entry into Texas. I might even be able to swing a corporate sponsorship.

15. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Well, I've only got my plastic wonder-pistol yet, and I'm in Illinois. But, given enough time I may just be able to make it. Maybe with some new toys....

No, Obama is not from Illinois. He is from Chicago. But I can see where you might be confused.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

We could always look for a place around Lebanon Kansas. That is the center of the US.

WOW look at this place. $13.50 a DAY shoot all you want. The Outback Park Public Range

17. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

That place looks very nice, especially for that price. Good find tango!

Unfortunately, Kansas doesn't recognize MA LTCs.
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf

You guys could come to MA....
    [​IMG]

18. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

We could have the shoot at the Kennedy compound. :eek:

19. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Do you really think hanging out with the group of Elite ninja's we would all look like showing up for this that anyone would even think of messing with us. We all need to bring dark sunglasses and black suites. Dillinger you need to be wearing your Hugo Boss that way we just have to put him in the middle and all walk around with one hand in our jacket and talking in to the other cuff and no one not even the FBI would mess with us. LOL that would be classic 100 guys in Suits and dark sunglasses showing up to shoot in a big group looking all important and doing combat maneuvers on the way to the range.

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's funny right there. If you have ever met a native texan, you know what I am talking about....:cool:

I am all for a get together, but with the unemployment rate at, what, 9% or so - perhaps we should plan WELL in advance so we can get as many people together as possible.

More than half of the members are in, or around Texas, and while Texas isn't exactly ideal for the likes of iloveguns, myself, dnthmn2004 and Cane, we could probably be talked into making the long trek if the company was right. :D