FTF Poker Tournament?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by user4, Aug 3, 2010.

1. user4

user4 New Member

Anyone interested in playing a little poker with your FTF friends? Click the link below and create an account. Also let me know if you are interested in monthly or weekly games.

We can have a regular No Limit Texas Hold 'em tournament as often as there is interest. Who's in?

One Hundred Percent Deposit bonus - Play Online at Full Tilt Poker Room

Look for me at the Omaha hi/lo tables

RiverCityAces

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The only place I have money is Absolute...

3. user4

user4 New Member

Terrible site. I've played at nearly all of them, and Full Tilt is the only one I trust. I used to like UltimateBet too, but they went to the dogs when Absolute bought them out

4. user4

user4 New Member

Making a deposit is easy. If they dont accept your credit card, due to restrictions, they will accept a check and the deposit into your playing account is instant

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I had more miracle rivers pulled against me on FullTilt than PokerStars. I also find the players at FT to be EXTREMELY obnoxious. When I was a mod of a poker forum, we used to hold private tournaments for our members - even some on Fulltilt. Does FT still allow you to setup private entry events? I haven't played in a long while, used to play regularly...

6. user4

user4 New Member

That's an odd thing to say. More pros play at FT than anywhere else...even if they ARE endorsing Pokerwhores. Some of the absolute worst poker players in the world are at FT, and I thank them for that. They put gas in my car.

Which forum did you mod? I owned a private club, and was a member of several others.

Yes, you can still set up private tournaments. Of course the point is looking to be moot since there doesn't seem to be the interest I thought there would be.

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I was a mod at a site called Cardschat which was a very popular forum in its day (may still be for all I know). I always hated the weekend freerolls as I'd have to spend a lot of time on the site to keep it clean & operating. I actually played in a HORSE tournament and knocked out a pro on FT once, believe it was Eric Seidel. Sites with terrible players really only benefit the folks with deep pockets. While skill will win with all else being equal - dumb luck wins a lot as well...

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I don't gamble is there a free play site?

9. user4

user4 New Member

Poker isn't gambling.

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Correct, it is a game of skill. So is betting on the ponies.

11. user4

user4 New Member

Yeah, don't back me up.

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I really can't afford to play, because I'm lousy at it, and I'd rather use the money toward something else I need or want. Like supporting my family or firearms stuff. :eek:

13. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

O.K. I’m in, I love to play 6th street Omaha also!
    I hope the stakes aren’t that high, as it would only let me deposit $100.
    Gotta different screen name than here on FTF, but I’m sure it can be figured out by a savvy individual.
    Going to go practice now:)

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Gambling:

intransitive verb
    1 a : to play a game for money or property b : to bet on an uncertain outcome
    2 : to stake something on a contingency : take a chance
    transitive verb
    1 : to risk by gambling : wager
    2 : venture, hazard

To me playing a game for money is gambling.

15. user4

user4 New Member

I was thinking about a small $5 sit n go tournament. Nothing that would break anyone's bank. Something social. I am surprised by the lack of interest here. If we can get 10 people interested, we can have a tournament.

16. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Correct!!! Poker is NOT Gambling....It is Ineff's proffesion. Or, it could be said that Poker is Ineff's magical way of turning your money into HIS money.

J/K. I have never played poker with Ineff, I had hoped I'd get a chance to loose $20 - $40 to him when we were up at Lon's former place for the Texas Meet and Greet, but we never got a chance to play.

I view Poker in the same way I look at the Movies, I pay a price to get in and be entertained for a few hours, then its over.

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I was backing you up. Poker is a game of skill. So is betting on the ponies. It takes a ton of knowledge to bet on horse racing to put the odds in one's favor. That is a learned skill, just like being a good poker player.

As far as "gambling" goes, we all gamble when we leave our homes daily.

18. Angry_bald_guy

Angry_bald_guy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I could probably spare a 5 or 10 dollar buy in...