FTF Delivers!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by NGIB, Oct 20, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

About 6 weeks ago I got an office email which asked for donations for the soldiers returning from combat duty. I work on Ft Stewart which is the home of the 3rd Infantry Division - and we deploy a lot of troops. These donations were needed to provide the returning single soldiers with "Welcome Home" bags containing a selection of items they'd need when the get back to their empty barracks rooms. Things like toiletries, snacks, and other necessities. I began a fundraiser among supporting members and we collected just under $1000 for this worthwhile endeavor.

Canebrake also had some very nice FTF business cards printed up and these will be included in the gift bags we funded.

Today I was able to present the check to the Post Sgt Major on behalf of the men & women of FireArmsTalk and we received this certificate of appreciation. I'm proud of all of you that donated to this worthy cause...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is just awesome!!

JD

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

That's pretty cool..What a nice gesture on their part.

I've always thought it spoke volumes about people be looking at what they didn't have to do but did it anyway. Itr shows a lot about the people here at FTF and the base personnel to giving a token of their appreciation as well.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

You done us proud.....Dave, Cane, and all the other FTF members who supported it! This is a BIG DEAL!!!

6. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

This IS a big deal, and one I'm proud I had the opportunity to play some small part in.

7. SecPro

SecPro New Member

You folks here at FTF are alright. Outstanding work!

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Good lord all this rain is killing my allergies today. Crud......

Nice to se that Dave. Get her framed nice an perty and hang her on the wall. She is yours, because without you it would have never happened.

And Dillinger says your not very nice..... (OK I AM JOKING JD NEVER SAID THAT:D)

9. jca1

jca1 New Member

why are my eyes cloudy.....

I'm proud of us!

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That's just great!! Made my day! :)

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Along with our donation, a Florida American Legoin post sent 5 members up to visit us with their donation. I had a tough time myself with allergies today as having lunch with combat veterans from WWII, Korea, and Vietnam was indeed an honor.

I'd also like to report that Ft Stewart met their goals and EVERY returning soldier will get a welcome home package...

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is just really cool all around. I am jealous that Dave had such a great lunch time experience, but I am overjoyed that our forum was able to help contribute to some much needed welcome home gifts to all those returning heros!

Well done folks! Well done indeed.

JD

13. silentghost

silentghost New Member

Did ya get any coins? LOL Great job everyone!

14. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Cool!
    Even cooler: The FTF members that made it happen!
    Coolest: The returning troops! Thanks for what they do!!!!

15. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

NGIB pointed me to this thread as a testament to the community here. Thank you all for the donations. Rest assured that the dog faces really appreciate it.

16. silentghost

silentghost New Member

Oh boy, now that you're here, there goes our neighborhood!

Glad to see ya here bro. Take it easy on some of the other newbs as they haven't had that thick of skin recently. :)

17. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

Roger that SG. I think I'll stay pleasant for awhile. lol

18. whistlindixie

whistlindixie New Member

Let me know if you do this again. I'd certainly throw some paper in on that.

19. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Good job guys! That is very cool :)