FTE Sterling arms 302 (22lr)

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by pagj17, Jul 10, 2010.

1. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Any one else have issues with it?

2. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Never heard of them, nor can I find a company web page. Not a good sign.

3. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I had a Sterling Arms .25 pistol at one time. Jam-o-matic piece of junk, I would get 4 or 5 stovepipes out of a 6 round mag....not good. It doesn't surprise me that they're out of business.
    My best advice is to get rid of it and look for something better.

I don't usually bash any particular brand of gun ( except Glock:D ), and while the Sterlings appear to be well made, I was never able to get mine to work right.

I sold it to a friend of mine for 30 bucks and I was happy... Until he traded it straight up for a S&W model 36:eek:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  4. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Haha, I need to learn to update posts like thisbecause I stripped it back down and found lotsa crap in the firing pin channel. Oh, and I reversed both the firing pin spring and the action spring, and everything locked in reallllly nice. It used to be extremely dependable, then it got cleaned by the wrong person (me probably) and started failing. I'll take it to the range next month and run it till it works.​

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Whoa there pardner. Reversing the springs may lead to problems. Many recoil springs (like 1911s) only work one way. Take care...

6. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

I'll do what I can to be safe:)
    I think what happened is a year or two ago during disassembly, i went and reversed everything, and this time around, I fired and it was back to normal it seemed. Can't really discharge too much cause while i have an adequate backstop and land around, I only discharged to check function... and to keep my drug dealing neighbors on their toes(j/k)
    I might just run to the range tuesday.... hmmmmm

7. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Now that I think about it, I kind of wish I'd kept mine until I knew more about guns.
    I think the problems I was having were probably due to a bad magazine.

I still probably would have got rid of it anyway... couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 7 yards:eek: