FT Survival

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by dnthmn2004, Feb 1, 2009.

1. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I just had the craziest idea of the century. I was thinking about if the sh1t really does hit the fan, who would I want to stick it out and survive with? Why not some of the Firearmstalk.com members! We all obviously have the will to survive and the means to protect ourselves and our families. Why not almost guarantee the survival probability? We could have main survival locations to gather at depending on time zones or latitude/longitude or whatever. The locations could be malls, grocery stores, armories, or even someone's well fortified house. Bring whatever you can, firearms, other weapons, food, water, and family, except mother-in-laws. We would certainly have some f*cking interesting and intelligent conversations, probably about guns. Imagine, just imagine all of our minds working together. Its MIND BOGGLING!!! I leave the location decision up to our moderators.:D

I can see it now, the only qualification to be let into the survival group would be to be a supporting member, in which case I need to cough up the money! :D

Just an idea, throwin some gasoline on the coals.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
  2. opaww

opaww New Member

Not a bad idea, but it would take others want for a group survival. If you can get enough in your area that would be cool

3. ScottG

ScottG New Member

So if a person wasn't a supporting member you wouldn't let them in??

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I'm not letting you in because you carry a Makarov. :p

JD

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Ahhh, come on JD. If he brings his own ammo for the Mak, why not? I would bring PLENTY of ammo. I might need a tandem axle trailer to haul it all though.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Oh, alright, but only because Robo is going to vouche for yah Scott - and you two can stand post together. :D

JD

7. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Ahem...please note the Senior Member status. Standing post should be for Junior Members. :p

Besides you're also forgetting my lover, er, Garand. Possession of that alone should get me ossifer rank....

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Duly Noted Scott - I apologize whole heartedly....:D

JD

9. bkt

bkt New Member

There's similar discussion on ar15.com. This sounds like a really good and smart idea.

Just like most of you, probably, I have a group of friends (all with families) and we're all of the same mind and we're all, naturally, well-armed. But it's a small group and expanding it seems like a really good idea.

This is worth chewing on a while....

10. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Just finished reading the "Zombie Survival Guide" (an extremely informative and humorous look into the world of a zombie infection) and it explicitly states that in the event of an outbreak (read SHTF), you should avoid largely populated centers in general.

That being said, I've only got a 9mm. But I'm working on building a bug-bag (have a semi-decent 1st aid & personal hygeen reserve built) and adding to the bachelor arsenal....If you don't mind sharing the locations, I can provide hours of musical entertainment and an additional set of eyes for the post.

11. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

The Zombie Survival Guide is a book I've been meaning to pick up. Does it give good ideas of survival in a general SHTF situation or just against zombies?

12. dharnett

dharnett New Member

I've read the Zombie Survival Guide and it's more of a fictional account interspersed with some true surivival techniques -- nothing to base your own survival on. However, it is a great read, and I think there is a movie coming out soon.

And truly the thing to consider if looking to form a self-protection group is how to handle decision-making that affects the group at large. It gets interesting real quick when well-armed, well-trained folks start taking sides.

13. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I think most of us would TRY to listen to JD when hes on his podium, he seems to know his sh1t. Canebrake would probably taunt him with spitballs.

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Let's not get carried away here. :D In the event of a true world altering event and several of us meet up - I am still going to defer a lot of podium time to members of the formerly military and formerly LEO's.

JD has had the fortune of spending a lot of time around a couple of former operators and some really good current and former LEO's. I am definitely not the next John Connor though, I can assure you of that...LOL

Thanks for the vote of confidence though dnthmn - and good call on Cane, he would definitely be the class disruption. :p

But, there will be plenty of weapons, ammo, and basic necessities around our little patch of "Formerly Free Earth" should the worse arise - just show your FirearmsTalk avatar at the 800m checkpoint and kindly remove anything of interest from the log pile of dead zombies. :D

JD

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It's a good combination between real world survival techniques, some paranoia, some comedy and some good fictional reading. It does tout some good basic points - but it is a work of fiction with facts strewed in between the pages.

It's not the ideal survival manual by any means, but you will probably gleam a couple of nuggets of wisdom from within the pages, and for me, if I can get a little information from a lot of sources, I consider that a good thing.

JD

16. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

As JD has already stated, its a work of fiction. It does have some (IMO) good points for survival in a SHTF situation...alternative weapons, good items to have in your bug-bag, etc. But, mostly just written for entertainment.

But, back to the matter at hand....does anyone have a good place for meeting? I'd offer my house, but I'm 30 minutes from downtown St. Louis in a well populated suburb. Not my idea of a perfect place to hold down the fort.

As a side-note, STL has Lambert airport, Boeing, and Scott AFB....I consider the combination of the three to be somewhere higher on a possible 'hit-list' of terrorist activities...

oh, and Budweiser....nothing like European beer.....Well, American-Made beer now owned by a European company...I'm a little more than upset by this merger....

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  17. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Actually, I bought my version of THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE off of ITUNES. Never have any real time to read anymore so I let someone else read it to me.

And Falseharmonix a 9mm will definitely put down a zombie with a headshot. So don't fret brother.

18. chopkick

chopkick New Member

J.D. i'll be at the rendevous point in about 3 days after an outbreak. I'll gather provisions on my way. I will approach base camp from the west so don't let Cane get to jumpy.

19. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

The way the government is going, I'm kinda hoping for an "end of the world" event. It would probably be less stressful:D. I heard Yellowstone is going up soon:rolleyes:

20. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Dude, easy on the apacolypse! Haven't had a chance at Jennifer Love Hewitt yet.