ft bliss tx

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by workinprogress, Nov 20, 2011.

1. workinprogress

workinprogress New Member

Looks like ill be heading there in february. My only question is what is there to hunt in that area?

2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Among other animals, Oryx. Oryx are a big African antelope. In the late 60s New Mexico released Oryx on White Sands Missile range. They spread very quickly because there are no lions to keep the population in check. Now they are all over Ft. Bliss and White Sands. Yep, they do hunt them on Ft. Bliss and in NM.

3. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Coyotes, rabbits, cans, Oryx, Audad

4. workinprogress

workinprogress New Member

That sounds like fun already. Is there better luck in getting a license with a bow or a rifle? Or are they about the same?

5. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

In Texas you don't need a special permit for Oryx, they are considered feral, you just need a hunting license.

6. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Its a draw tag in new mexico I hunt the oryx every yr if I can on the sands, I have killed 4 good oryx bulls they make awesome mounts, an damn good sausage

7. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

well im here in the army so your fish/hunt liscence combo is free comes with 5 deer tags 4 turkey tags and all your endorsements. go ahead and let me know when you get here, i will take you out and wack some coyotes.