Frustrated with LGS

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Dash70, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Dash70

Dash70 New Member

Just stopped in at the LGS and was looking at a Springfield 1911 and asked about trading my walther pps. The owner proceeded to tell me the pps was discontinued. I had not heard anything about this. Does anyone have any input on this?

2. Dash70

Dash70 New Member

Yeah I said that and his response was Remington still has guns on its site that they haven't made in years. I think he just didn't want to trade but why not just say so.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Maybe he was just trying to beat your price, maybe he just doesn't like them; either way, i would shop around. If he was lying, i would have trouble trusting him on other issues. Of course, he may have insider info on the Walther production plans.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

No comment

Attached Files:

5. Dash70

Dash70 New Member

He was checking his distributer site and catalog and said they were listed as discontinued. I plan on calling walther tomorrow and getting the word from them would be disappointing as it is a relatively new gun. No big deal about LGS I didn't much like his attitude anyway will be shopping elsewhere from now on.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Just out of curiousity, where you from?

7. Dash70

Dash70 New Member

8. orangello

orangello New Member

That would be some comic irony right there!

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lmfao. Sure would. The attitude and question of honesty sounded waaay too familiar. Alas it is not the case this time. Lol

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  10. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You are freaking hilarious. You wouldn't happen to have been separated from a twin named Lemongello McCool would you?

11. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Must be a thing where every area has one.Maybe they're related.o_O

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

There are far too many LGS guys like him.

I was watching a LGS owner one day tell a customer that his MK5 Weatherby was a POS because it was made after WW2. He actually told the customer that all of the quality Weatherbys were pre WW2.:mad::mad:

I don't deal with bullsh!t artists, so with one exception, I try to not patronize LGS.

Wal-Mart, or online.:)

13. orangello

orangello New Member

One day i will have a yellow labrador, and his name will be Lemongello.

14. valent

valent New Member

Why not sell on Armslist, directly to buyer? Tradeins are a loosing game anyway.

15. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I'd almost never trade anything in. I know the guys, they said they look up the price, get an average and subtract about 35% to make an offer. They offered me $150 for a Ruger Mark III 22/45 stainless model that I turned around and sold on Armslist for $350. (and that was back in September)

16. GrtWhytHype

GrtWhytHype New Member

There was one LGS that I used to LOVE but they since closed down. :-( guy there told me once that they won't buy something unless they know they can flip it for double what they paid.

On a similar note to the OP, I'm getting frustrated with the ****ing price gouging! I understand raising prices on AR's and such but when the only shops that have ammo are the ones selling it for 1.50 a round that tells you something. I was at one such shop yesterday.

Been in the mindset of an investor. Buy low buy low buy low. Figured everyone is focused on Semi autos and such. I'll pick up some bolt actions and wheel guns because there's not a mad dash for them. Guy had a Ruger SP101 for $899. Ruger has the MSRP for the exact gun at $559. Asked him if the pope owned it before he resigned then walked out. Sick of it.