Frustrated Buyer

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by easterner123, Apr 28, 2011.

1. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

Whether its looking for a kit or a fully assembled rifle, all the good deals are out of stock everywhere! I've been looking for a M16 with a 20" barrel (preferably chrome lined) and carry handle, 1 in 9 twist rate. There are some great deals for $650, and I consider it a good deal up to $750. But no matter the model or company they are all out of stock and won't be in for AT LEAST a month.

Anyone have any idea why? Has there been a run on AR15s lately?

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Not too many manufacturers have a stock of AR's due to the increased popularity and demand. Even though most are quoting a few months delivery time many are getting them sooner than that.

These may not be exactly what you are looking for but it's more info -
    1. Stag Arms
    2. Rock River Arms: .223/5.56mm CAR A4 Kits
    3. http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=1065&cat=1739

Have you given any thought on building your own? How about building a lower and ordering a complete upper? With the AR platform the choices are limitless.

3. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

I can save a lot of money by building one myself, I can get one together for as low as $570. Now, building can be a pain in the neck, and doesn't have the guarantee to go bang like a factory built and headspaced rifle. However, I have my current dilemma, where the factory rifles are either overpriced or unavailable.

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Building is always an option as you state...if you are concerned about the upper then you can...A: buy a complete upper to pin to the lower you build, B: buy a barrelled receiver and finish up on the fore end, sights, etc or C: buy the parts and have a gunsmith headspace the barrel for you.

More than one way to skin a cat...and save a few bucks in the process.:D

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

You can buy mine! PM me.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

There definitely has been a shortage lately, especially if you're wanting BCM or Daniel Defense - they always seem to be out of stock.

A lot of talk about what's going on, many think it's temporary - a lot of tax returns used to buy guns while others another buying spree is on. Prices are going up and maybe people want to buy now.