Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, All!

I come from Maine: Land of lobster, pine trees, chickadees, lakes, and guns. Ive been reading your posts for a few weeks now and decided it was about time to introduce myself.
Im Marine, former businessman, teacher, cook, etc. I have a beautiful wife and rwo wound up young sons, all of whom I intend to protect.

Good-bye for now!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,035 Posts
Welcome aboard! Had some friends from Maine a long time ago, the wife looked at me once and "said when my husband prays only God and I know what he is saying". ;):D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DFlynt said:
Welcome aboard! Had some friends from Maine a long time ago, the wife looked at me once and "said when my husband prays only God and I know what he is saying". ;):D
Yep, I understand. Ha!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Welcome. Ayuh.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
rockratt said:
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas!!!
Thanks. Ah, we have a connection. We got our family dog from an Arkansas pound 6 Years ago. He was only days from the executioner when my wife and I found him online. One of the best mutts Ive ever had....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,832 Posts
I gotta know. Is Bob Marley as big a deal in Maine as he makes out to us flat landers? He's wicked funny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy. Thank you for your service to our country.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,363 Posts
Jorgy said:
Thanks. Ah, we have a connection. We got our family dog from an Arkansas pound 6 Years ago. He was only days from the executioner when my wife and I found him online. One of the best mutts Ive ever had....
Good to hear. There are some pretty good mutts in Ark.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
12,620 Posts
Jorgy,

Welcom from Tennessee! Glad to have you with us!

03
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MisterMcCool said:
I gotta know. Is Bob Marley as big a deal in Maine as he makes out to us flat landers? He's wicked funny.
Yes, he is a favorite in Maine. Much of his humor I think could only be understood by Mainers. For example, "Goin upta camp" is an expresision that has undertones and nuances that only a Mainah can comprehend. Glad you flatlanders appreciate him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,832 Posts
Jorgy said:
Yes, he is a favorite in Maine. Much of his humor I think could only be understood by Mainers. For example, "Goin upta camp" is an expresision that has undertones and nuances that only a Mainah can comprehend. Glad you flatlanders appreciate him.
He's the northern Jeff Foxworthy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!


All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
816 Posts
Welcome Jorgy - whereabouts are you in Maine? Used to spend alot of time there when I was younger, ie: canoeing the Allagash, hiking Mt Katadin, etc, and yeah eating those lobstahs! ;-)
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
Well, y'all are way up the creek from us folks here in SC. Glad to have ya aboard!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
astroman said:
Welcome Jorgy - whereabouts are you in Maine? Used to spend alot of time there when I was younger, ie: canoeing the Allagash, hiking Mt Katadin, etc, and yeah eating those lobstahs! ;-)
Ive done all the above!
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top