Frog Lube

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by danolator, Jun 25, 2013.

1. danolator

danolator New Member

Does anybody use Frog Lube on their .22 rifle (or any rifle for that matter)?

2. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I put it on my Mosin, Lee-Enfield, M1 Carbine, SKS, and CZv52. I can't tell you how much better it makes the bolts smoother. I recommend it for any firearm. I put it on the moving parts and high friction parts. The trial size has lasted me almost 3 months. Doesn't take much.

3. danolator

danolator New Member

Thanks. I was thinking of my 10/22 and SR22 barrels and leading. I mainly shoot copper through the rifle, but the working parts could be a bit smoother. I shoot a lot of lead through the SR22 and was hoping this would cut down on the amount of scrubbing I have to do after a few hundred rounds.

4. Spud9

Spud9 New Member

I use frog lube and gunzilla religiously. Love both. Just a dab rubbed in, cleaning is a breeze afterwards and smooth as cat sh*t on linoleum.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I use it on all my guns, great stuff.

I got a sample at a gunshow this year, I use it almost exclusively now.

6. danolator

danolator New Member

Appreciate the input. Decided to try the lube on one of my Glocks first. Broke it completely down. Cleaned all parts with alcohol, heated up, applied paste to everything, waited a couple hrs & wiped everything down. Reassembled. Now we'll see how it works. The gun looks brand new again. Guess I should do a complete breakdown more often.

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

8. OldEagleEars

OldEagleEars New Member

I use Frog-Lube for both it's cleaning and lubricating qualities on everything in my gun safe and that's a range from a 1924 Astra 400 to a new CZ 712. It's also good for perking up the Parkerized finish on a 1911 and slicking the deeply-buried bolt of a Whitney Wolverine. I've been shooting since I was a kid sixty-one years ago and it is the best firearms lube I have ever tried. And no, they don't pay me to say all these nice things about it! (though if they would like to...oh, never mind!)

9. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Sacramento P.D. has gone to it for their weapons.

10. danolator

danolator New Member

Glock report: Put 100+ rounds down range with some White Box ammo. No FTE's or FTF's (but it's a Glock, why would it?). Field stripped and wiped it down with a shop towel, and the cleaning with Frog Lube was a breeze. I am now a believer. Gonna use it on all my guns. Can't wait to use it on my Mini 14.