Friendswood Bullet Co.???

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by MotorG20, Mar 3, 2010.

1. MotorG20

MotorG20 New Member

I just purchased 1000 bullets from this company for my 10mm. I got 500 of the 180gr. FPs and 500 of the 220gr. FPs. I will be shooting these in a KKM barrel in a Glock 20.
    Anyone here use this brand? Any load recommendations? I've got 800-X, HS-6, AA#2, and Alliant Green Dot to work with. And before anyone asks, yes, I have many reloading manuals. I was just asking for any pet loads anyone might have:D.
    Thanks!!!!

MotorG20

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The powders you list are probably too fast for the 10mm with the heavy weight 220 gr. 800X "may" be ok. I was unable to find any data for 220's in the 10mm. I have never ventured that heavy. Hodgdon lists 7.8 gr of 800X and a 200 gr FMJ. IF you are an experimenter, you MIGHT want to try something in that range. Personally I would start at about 7 gr of 800X and work up very carefully to maybe 7.4 gr. I would use extreme caution as you are in somewhat uncharted territory with a bullet that heavy. I would look at slower powders.

These are merely cautious suggestions. I assume absolutely no responsibility for this information.

3. MotorG20

MotorG20 New Member

I have some Hodgdon Lil'gun and W296, but I think they may be too slow??? I did intend to try the 800-X and the 220gr. bullet with 200gr. jacketed data and drop it at least 1-2 grains. I figure since these are lead bullets that would be ok. I intend to keep these on the mild to mid range level for accuracy, not necessarily full power.
    Thanks for the input, I appreciate it:).

MotorG20

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Sounds like you may want to invest in a program called quickload. quickload quicktarget software

This software will give you loads for just about any bullet, case, powder combo you can think of.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I love 296 for Magnum revolver loads and .30 carbine, but it is very disappointing in the 10mm. Be very careful about simply dropping the charge 1-2 grains. You really need to look at burn rate, available case volume, bullet construction (cast vs. jacketed vs plated), bullet weight, etc. Some powders are equally dangerous at 50% loading density as they are at 150% loading density.

The art of loading is a complicated one. Make sure you hve a really good grasp on the subtleties before embarking on such a venture.

6. gandog56

gandog56 Member

I shoot 185 grain bullets, and use AA#7.