Friendly shooting competition

Discussion in 'Indiana Gun Forum' started by ellwood45c, May 10, 2012.

1. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

Hey folks i live around the lafayette area. Was wanting to get some people together who havent meet and do some shootin. If anyone would be interested let me know here.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

2. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Lafayette where? What state?

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Posted in the Indiana forum.

4. fmj

fmj New Member

wouldnt be opposed to it...if we could come up with a mutually agreeable place to shoot.

5. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Damn that fine print and old eyes. :)

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

It's just fine fella.

7. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

Oops lafayette indiana
    There is a local range open to the public on the weekends. On us 231 south of romney indiana, thought that might be a good place kinda nuetral. I was thinking pistol , rifle, and we could get in the trap and skeet if anybody wanted to.
    I grew up with hearing my grandpa say, there no such thing as strangers just friends u aint meet yet. Its in Linden indiana , i could get there early and kinda secure a bay to shoot in.

8. fmj

fmj New Member

That looks to be a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive for me...

9. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

I might have a place in warsaw thats about a hour and half for me.

10. fmj

fmj New Member

Theres a public range just north and east of Warsaw. (North Webster)....about an hour for me.

2 10 yard pistol stations, 4, 50 yards and 2, 100 plus shotgun range.

11. fmj

fmj New Member

Does the place your thinking of allow for more reactive type targets than just punching paper??

12. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

They do alot of steel targets

13. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

I used to shoot cowboy action at another club in warsaw. Allen black was the guy that run the shoot . A friend of mine lives there troy helser or we call him montana.

14. fmj

fmj New Member

I'm game...i aint all that good, but i like to shoot. (read: burn powder...cause i cant hit much ;))

If nothing else its a chance to meet folks, possibly shoot different guns and at the worst its an excuse to drink cold beer!

15. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

shooting

Well, I'm just down the road a bit, in Charleston, SC. Would love to go shooting with ya. : )

16. fmj

fmj New Member

C'MON UP!! The beers cold, the weathers nice (compared to down there ;)) and there is some great fishing in the area!!

17. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

NE of Warsaw, you talking about Tri Lakes F&W?

Range was clean but small IIRC.

Winamac has more space but gets a lot of shooters. IIRC they're closed on Mondays too (but don't charge like the range at Huntington- which is dirt cheap, and a bargain..........but not "free").

I shoot Elwood CC, sometimes Bass n Bucks, but most times Winamac (if not on a private individual's range close to my home).

18. fmj

fmj New Member

IIRC?!!?

Yeah, I do a lot of shooting at tri county, but paper punching is as far as it goes. During the weekends it gets pretty busy and the idiots come out of the woodwork.

Huntington is nice...but thats paper punching only as well. $4 a day with a range master on duty, 10 minute shooting sessions with a called cease fire to change targets.

19. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

I hunt a small place kinda near there, so cuz and I went by and checked Tri Lakes out once. Looked like a decent duck spot, but not the place for late season yoting ;)

That be the "IIRC" ;)

Winamac doesn't have a RO per se', but they have a DNR person there to keep the riff raff out.

The ranges are all paper only..........but I've smoked a few plastic water bottles now and then, but I always put my trash up (even my paper targets) and have for 30 yrs. That might let me get by with some rule bending, has so far.......but haven't tried it in about a yr.

Could get some new hardarse RO type.............that isn't friends with my dad ;)

Last edited: May 21, 2012