Fricken-heat wave.....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Jul 18, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Man,I'm this ..HEAT-WAVE ...here in the Mid-West is killing me...Every day,day in and day out....I've been working out-side digging ditches,by hand...They can't get into the space along the Apartment Complexce with a Ditch-Witch or a Vacho...Sunday went to the ..U-2..Concert at Busch Stadium,..WOW..was it HOT and Saturday night went to the Kid-Rock Concert,again so Fricken-hot and for a little cup of ice(about four cubes) and water was like $6.00 Dollars...I'm just tiered of sweating,and paying prices that are STUPID...All around me I see people paying for beer after beer,and I think to myself,guess the economy is doing better then they say,people are just lined-up at the beer stand like there's no tomorrow...Ted Nugent is Tuesday-night at Pop's,and atleast it's inside,but that don't change the STUPID prices....All I can say is get ready EAST-COAST It's coming your way...and it SUCKS !!!......:(

2. Gus556

Gus556 New Member

Im just gonna head down to the river or the pond and drink my cheap beer and soak. Bring it on!!:D
    I like sitting down at the river because I can drink my beers, line the cans up on the other side and shoot at them with the stainless 10/22 from the tractor tube. It's kinda like a redneck resort. :cool:

3. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I feel you bro! I spent all day today ripping and laying a roof and have to go back aout tomarrow morning and do the other half! Its way to frikkin hot for that crap!

4. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

Hey Longhair, not bad down here in Tennessee, in the mid nineties everyday with 107% relative humidity. I stay well hydrated working outside guzzling Busch beer. Recently moved down here from 38 years in Cahokia, IL. to escape the heat from St. Louis :eek:

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm in Northern Illinois. Yes, it's HOT!! I rarely turn on my air conditioning (I'm cheap) but it's certainly been on these last few days. I have a cushy job but my son works at a horticultural nursery and he is outside all day long doing some hard, physical labor. I feel bad for him..........and for all you guys who work outside in the day.

"Well, it's a hot one, like 7 seconds from the midday sun..........."

6. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

I bet my 12 hour shift in today outside. Im about 15 mins from Saint Louis and man it was a rough day, but got to make money.

7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

At least your not in Arizona....

8. yellowhand

yellowhand New Member

:D nice and cool today, hit 99 and humidity was 65%, but we had a nice breeze.

Just what does a yankee consider hot weather to be????:)LOL:D

9. coryalexandert

coryalexandert New Member

Moved furniture for ten hours today. Oh did I mention I live in Mesa ARIZONA! 110 with apron 15-20 percent humidity. :(

10. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Getting a little hot under that hair?

Then get a haircut you hippy! :cool:

11. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Been out all day, slow painting the house, will take about a week. Since the honey-do list is about too long to measure. :(

The Desert heat reminds me of the deployments!

12. willshoum

willshoum New Member

How HOT is it.......

See what happens when you get spoiled for something. Its only been a few years since old Reuben and his younger brother died. Reuben was 104 and his brother 98. They never had airconditioning in thier 200 year old home. Even at 104 Reuben would still push a small lawn mower to cut thier yard. The younger brother died first, then they found old Reuben, twasn't the heat that killed him. They found him curled up next to a small gas heater,old man winter got him. I still see some of these old folks and they don't mind the heat, but they curse the winter time....My old man always told me.... Get used to it, because where you're going it's going to be a lot hotter than this.....:eek:;)

13. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

My place is at 7,000". We are in the middle of our short summer. It hit 71 Degrees today with a light rain. It was a humid 33% very high most uncomfortable. The night Temps will be a warm 45 degrees with a light wind. This is a hot summer. Elk season opens August 24th fall is gettting close.:)

14. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

What part of Wyoming are you from? Freedom is about 6000 feet, working outside in Salt Lake I've been wishing I was back on the ranch there, it's prettier and much cooler.

15. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

In the Bear River Valley. South of Medicine Bow Butte. If you know Wyoming that will pin point it.:D Star Valley is a low valley. They used to make some damn good cheese at Thayne.:D

16. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

If I got a hair-cut what name would I use ???....I've had long hair since 2nd grade school,believe it or not.....like 1974 or somewhere in there....My dad would take me to the Barber shop and make me get a short-flattop,and back then every body older on the school bus had long hair and all the bands had long hair like the Doobie Brothers and Ted Nugent....So my dad finally said the hell with-it,do what-ever...So since 2nd or 3rd grade I've had long hair...People would not even know me if I got a hair-cut.......It is hot under long hair,but I've gotten use to it...Pony-Tail........This HEAT is only going-up this week,they say by Thursday in St.Louis it's going to be 101 and climbing....My Electric-bill is going to hurt......

17. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

LongHair ~
    I work outside with aircrafts all day long.
    The sun, the source of life, is however killing me!

18. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Kinda digging the heat. My new to me Mosin is sitting in the 105 degree garage cleaning itself.

19. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Humdity

What have you been smoking besides Elk. La. 97 dogries and 100% humidity. But then in my [old age] I can't take the cold any more. :(

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

115 heat index today and it will be worse tomorrow. I don't like this at all. It's even hard to BREATHE out there.