I know a bunch of people who say that is the wrong way to go. Your carry piece should be a little dirty all the time.My carry gun is always totally cleaned after each firing including mag.
Hey JD, we got another one of us!I clean mine after every shooting (sometimes the day after). I do it for a few reasons:
1. Why not? Easier to clean if I just get it done.
2. A clean gun is a happy gun.
3. This is the weird one. I am an extraordinarily lazy person and I normally despise cleaning. But, I find the process of cleaning my guns after I fire to be part of the whole experience. I own and shoot guns only because I like it; I have no other motiviation. For some reason, I like cleaning them, too.
4. Jeez, those things are expensive! Something that costs that much should be maintained.
5. I hug them and pet them and I name them George.