free NRA membership

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mwsfarm, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwsfarm

mwsfarm New Member

if you are interested- i went part of the way through it- it is still active right now, no idea how long it will be offered:

NRA - Join the NRA - Bonus Offer

2. Bighead

Bighead New Member

This looks like a good deal if you have been thinking about joining the NRA.

The regular rates:

1 Year Membership - $35.00
    2 Year Membership - $60.00
    3 Year Membership - $85.00
    5 Year Membership - $125.00
    Life Membership - $1,000.00
    Easy Pay Life Membership - $1,000.00 (40 payments of $25)

The rates from this link:

1 Year Membership - FREE
    2 Year Membership - $25.00
    3 Year Membership - $50.00
    5 Year Membership - $100.00
    Life Membership - $500.00 (Includes all benefits, plus Life Member credentials!)

3. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

I'm not to trusting of that link.

It's seen no where on the main site and could be a scam.

Watch yourself.

4. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'm with Jiro.

Might be the Nigerian Rifle Association.

5. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

6. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

I'll find out. They didn't ask for money for anything just name and address. Anyone can find that online.

7. WomenofCaliber

WomenofCaliber New Member

Wow! That's amazing if it is true!! I'll have to check it out!

8. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Well I signed up on it and haven't heard anything back so who knows if this is real or bogus.:mad:

9. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

I signed up again. Lol

I did notice that after you sign up it gives you a link in the bottom left of the page and takes you to the NRA affiliates page. That part seems legit.:D

10. WomenofCaliber

WomenofCaliber New Member

Thanks for the heads up! keep us updated on what happens. :)

11. freefall

freefall New Member

Man, if I could get a life membership for $500 I'd think it's a steal. I got one 15 years ago for $435 and thought it was a steal. Yeah, Neal Knox hated it, but it bumped the membership big time. I've been agitating for them to do something like this, glad they did. (If it's real)

12. mwsfarm

mwsfarm New Member

I did a "WHOIS" search on nrahq.org and got this:

Quote:
    Registrant:
    National Rifle Association of America
    11250 Waples Mill Road
    Fairfax, VA 22030
    US

Domain Name: NRAHQ.ORG

Administrative Contact :
    Association of America, National Rifle
    itadmin@nrahq.org
    11250 Waples Mill Road
    Fairfax, VA 22030
    US
    Phone: 703-267-1514
    Fax: 123 123 1234

Technical Contact :
    National Rifle Association of America
    jpurtell@nrahq.org
    11250 Waples Mill Road
    Fairfax, VA 22030
    US
    Phone: 703-267-1514
    Fax: 123 123 1234

Record expires on 21-Nov-2009
    Record created on 08-Sep-2002
    Database last updated on 07-Jul-2004

13. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Well, that looks legit enough for me...has anyone called the NRA and asked them about this site?

If it's legit, I wish I'd known about it a month ago. After years of joining for a year or two, then dropping my membership for a year or two, I finally signed up for the 'easy pay Lifetime membership' for $1,000.00

Whish I had known they had an $500 offer!:rolleyes:

14. Bighead

Bighead New Member

1-877-NRA-2000. Closed at 4:22 am (imagine that) but if someone checks this out during business hours give it a call and see if this is a legit link. If no one beats me to it I'll try and remember to call during the day today.

I would probably tell them you've recieved an offer for a free one-year membership, or discounts on multi-year memberships and you're wanting to make sure the offer is legitimate. I'm not sure I would put it out there that its on the forum, incase this is a special offer like those discount codes on retail websites. Of course, they probably aren't going to disable the link just because it's on our forum, but why give them info they don't really need.

15. Bighead

Bighead New Member

16. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Got my membership confirmation via email this morning. Thought I would let you all know that this is legit.:D:D:):)

17. nummit

nummit New Member

I just signed up. Thanks for the link

18. Game Over

Game Over New Member

Hey guys, New here, I was going on google to find the Free NRA membership page so I could pass it on to friends, I noticed a post come up on google saying something about SCAM. I clicked on it and it took me here, Someone here was concerned that it may be some kind of scam.

I just wanted to ease your minds and let you know I joined the NRA for free from that exact web page, and it is 100% legit. I joined about 6 months ago, got my NRA card in the mail, I get a free magazine every month, I choose American Rifleman, but you have 3 or 4 to choose from when you sign up, also even as a free member you get the NRA insurance that covers accidents and lost or stolen weapons, I plan on paying to stay a member when my year runs out, I would love to be a lifetime member but I just don't have that kind of money right now.

Of course I could be the Nigerian scam artist that set the site up lol. You don't have to take my word for it,

I don't remember the registration asking for any sensitive information from you and you don't have to pay anything or give credit card numbers or Social Security numbers.

I joined to help support the 2nd amendment and have been passing that free NRA trial membership page on to my friends. The NRA is always working hard in Washington to keep the Libs at bay, every week there is a new bill put forward to restrict our gun rights. The NRA has a page that keeps up to date daily on what issues the NRA are fighting in Washington.

Catch ya guys later.

19. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

If you want to be a life time member, join the Lifetime Membership EZ-Pay plan, it's only $25 per quarter...a mere $25 every three months. You won't even notice it.

We all adjust our expenses to suit our income (even if we don't realize it) I say again, make the commitment, and you won't even notice it after the first few payments.

That's only $100 per year, or $8.34 per month. What's $8.34, it's one lunch at McDonald's, or two coffees at Star Buck's!

20. Robert NC

Robert NC New Member

Got my free membership yesterday. Signed up through FTF. Will probably update to paid shortly. Letter says got 30 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.