Free 500$ time to buy a new gun

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by roosterjuicer, Jan 9, 2010.

1. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

Well...i kicked ass in law school again and my little brother is such a worthless pile that my parents realized how great I was and said "go buy a gun as a reward!" God I love my parents!

I'm not really in the market and havent really thought of anything so I am completely open to suggestions! Lets hear what you think!

HEre's what I already have:
    1) AR-15
    2) glock 35
    3) glock 26
    4) S&W J frame
    5) large frame .357 magnum tarus
    6) walther p.22
    7) lots of different shotguns (i dont need a new shotgun)
    8) scoped, bolt action savage .223
    9) .30-06
    10) mauser k98
    11) CZ .22 rifle

i am open to a new sport utility rifle, a new concealed pistol, a new full size pistol. Suggest away!

2. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

Sounds like you have a good collection there, but no Surplus rifles like a Mosin, Mauser, Or Enfield.

Check out Classic Arms Inc. He has a big selection of surplus guns in right now...including AKs

I would either suggest getting an AK or SKS to compliment your AR-15 or buy a couple of surplus rifles and some cases of ammo.

You can have alot of fun with Mosin's you know.

Hell with 500 dollars you can go All out and get an Authentic Mosin Sniper rifle from WW2 from Classic....that would be a nice collecters piece to have.

Seems you have plenty of pistols....unless you want to get a CZ 75 of some sort.

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Ah....all of them would probably work, except them damn Glocks IMO, just replace them two with a good 1911 .45 and a good AK or SKS rifle. ;)

Jack

4. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

Also, bear in mind that while i am open to other things i am quite fond of the 9mm cartridge. I know it has its issues but i am comfortable with it and have gotten pretty good at reloading it.

5. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

also keep in mind that my "list" is guns I already own! not guns i am looking to buy

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Gongrats on doing well in law school, Rooster. :)

Other than that, I got nuthin.

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Damn!!.....never mind.

I would still add a good 1911 .45 or a AK or SKS rifle and congrats for doing well in Law school. :)

Jack

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

All that stock piled and not one 1911, not to mention a Colt!

Son, you haven't even started to collect!

If you are infatuated with the 9mm, do yourself a favor and find a nice vintage Browning High Power. It's a gateway gun to the 1911.

Kudos on your degree!

9. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

It looks like you have a glaring hole in your lineup in the form of a 1911 missing.

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Guess I will join in the Choir, or peanut gallery, go out and get you a 1911.

11. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

I would have to suggest an old time favorite of mine..

A Ruger 10/22.. Fun plinker and many options available.

12. Zacsquatch

Zacsquatch New Member

Sig 522 for plinking or.....

A 9mm 1911? I know most are pretty pricey.. but you may be able to save up and get one for a decent price

13. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

Uhmmm...did anyone mention not having a 1911 .45ACP in the collection yet? :p How about a Browning HP or maybe a CZ75B in 9mm?

And CONGRATS on your success at Law School. :cool:

14. JiroZero713

I still think a surplus rifle would be a nice addition.

That or a 1911 in .45 or CZ 75 in 9mm

But remember a 1911 is 500 dollars without ammo if you get a cheap one.

15. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

As many before me, 1911, You can also get a new polymer sig in your choice of cal for under $500 from Bud's gun sales on line. If you like your cz .22 you may want to look at a centerfire cz. They have a really cool single set trigger. I have one in 22 hornet. It's a tack driver.
    Good work in law school.

16. JiroZero713

Ah I never thought of that.

the CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62 X 39 is excellent.

17. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

Thanks for the support with the law school comments guys...i need it. Starting monday i have 3 semesters left!

upon further review here's kind of what im thinking...

1) AK
    2) EOTech tacticool red dot scope for the AR
    3) 1911
    4) some other pistol

18. JiroZero713

Why don't you get an AK and a high value red dot sight?

EOTech are nice but really not worth the cabbage IMO unless you really want one like that....you get into second type of cool there and that is none of our biz.

Honestly I think since your an AR man you should compliment it with an AK. You have more pistols than rifles. Might as well make it even.

19. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

If you want to stick with the 9mm then go with a Browning Hi Power as was already mentioned. You should be able to find a pretty nice used one for not too much more that your $500. It's called "The King of the Nines" for a reason.

Failing that, a new CZ 75B is an outstanding 9mm and right around your price .

20. Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe

Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe New Member

+10000 on jirozero's original comment. authentic nagant sniper all the way... or one of the British enfield .303's (if you go with the enfield u may very well have enough left over for a tokarev ttc in 7.62x25 and have all the cheap old surplus Russian ammo you can shoot)