Fred Thompson

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by stlucian, Jun 13, 2007.

1. stlucian

stlucian New Member

What do you all think of him?

Good, bad, ugly? :D

2. bkt

bkt New Member

So far, I haven't heard anything recently from him that I disagree with. There have been comments that he's changed his position from years ago. If so, okay, that bears some scrutiny. I'm certainly willing to cut him some slack if the other "conservative" candidates don't have views that are easily distinguished from those of Hillary.

3. BLS33

BLS33 New Member Supporter

I'm backing Ron Paul, but since he doesn't have a chance there is a good possibility I'll go with Thompson just because he is staunchly anti-gun control.

4. allmons

allmons New Member

Fred is the closest thing to a conservative in this race.

His stand on the Second Amendment makes him the ONLY candidate, in my estimation.

:D

5. BLS33

Ron Paul is all about the constitution, but will lack the pull to win the nomination. He would be a good 2A canidate as would Thompson.

6. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 New Member

7. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen New Member

I liked him until I found out he's a member of the Counsel on Foreign Relations (CFR). I'm not interested in becoming the North American Union which will be controlled by the United Nations. Say bye bye to your solvereignty, guns, and your freedom. Ron Paul is the only Republican who can beat Hillary or Obama. Nobody will become the POTUS with a pro war stance, no way.

8. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 New Member

With all due respect Ron Paul would get less votes nationally than Ralph Nader.

9. ScottG

ScottG New Member

So far no one else appears like Fred! We'll need to see him in a debate setting or a place where he's not speaking scripted. I'd like to see how he'd handle a heckler.

Fun Fred! Fact: There is no bad weather where Fred! appears.

10. FALPhil

FALPhil New Member

Unfortunately, the Eastern Establishment Press has marginalized Ron Paul. Plus, once in a while, he doesn't see the dogpile and steps right in it. The exchange with Giuliani over the invasion of Iraq in the recent debate comes to mind.

What baffles me is that most everyone in the media thinks that strict adherence to the constitution is a nutcase's position. :mad:

11. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

I think he is the best of a bad lot (politicians).

12. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

He still hasen't announced has he?

13. BLS33

I heard he was going to sometime this week.

14. allmons

allmons New Member

He's fund raising like crazy and picking up support daily

He will be the 800 pound gorilla in this race.

Mr Paul has marginalized support and a near empty war chest. No matter how much we agree with his positions, he has no chance on the national stage.

We need to support a Second Amendment candidate who can win. The democratic candidate will be Ms Clinton, with probaby Bill Richardson as VP.

Sorry, but Guilani has NO chance against Ms Clinton - they hold the same positions on major issues ( especially firearms ).

:D

15. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

In the last 4 elections I voted against someone, rather than for someone. Now, I think I have someone I can vote FOR again.

When Clinton was running first time, I went from independant to Republican, gave them money, and joined the NRA for life. With G.W. Bush and our Republicrat Congress, I'm now an independant again.